Central Ref. oct 21

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jplc85

Jplc85 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Merced Ca
    Glad to hear there's too much work. I like lots of work. So I'd like to clarity something. After I do my over the road and the upgrade, I go home for 5 days? Do we take are truck for the 5 days or do we wait 5 days to get are assigned truck? Just trying to get as much information as possible before I leave next week...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CHill0922

CHill0922 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Macon, GA
    According to the recruiter yes that's your truck you'll take it home no doubt

4. Jplc85

Jplc85 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Merced Ca
    Ok cool guess they want you to wrap things up before you head out on the road for the journey were taking on. Good luck in your schooling. Ill find out tomorrow morning exactly what day and time I leave.

5. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Yea , unless u live close to the terminal u take the truck home , but if u live close u have to park there I think . If u park a truck at the terminal , u leave all ur things in it . They don't slip seat ..
    I didn't even go home right away , so I took a extra day off , and they had no problem with that either

Good luck to ya man , one word of advise . Pay attention to everything they tell u.

6. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    ya you take it home. but 5 days might be alot its usually 4 days. my dm wanted to give me 1-2 days off. im like no i just got off the truck with a trainer. I took 3 days. but push for the 5 just to relax.

7. Jplc85

Jplc85 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Merced Ca
    Ok thanks for the heads up. Do you have any standard runs or do you go all over the 48 states? What kind of truck did you get assigned?

8. CHill0922

Sep 28, 2013
    Macon, GA
    What all did you take to training with you? Cuz I'm thinking of just getting a sleeping bag at a later date so I don't have to lug it around the whole time lol and should I get an atlas beforehand or just wait on that as well? Lol I'm so nervous and excited lol

9. CHill0922

Sep 28, 2013
    Macon, GA
    Oh and I heard NYC isn't forced dispatch is that true?

10. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    well im local. so prob not the best person to answer. but if you go otr its 48. if you live in midwest its regional. theres only dedicated for teams mainly. some solo. and the truck you either gonna get freightliner cascadia , peterbilt or volvo. prob not volvo.

11. 4noReason

Nov 29, 2012
    ya nyc is usually no forced but they might make you sit if you say no. and just take a duffel bag with some sleeping bag. just enough for 6-7 days then you wash your clothes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.