Central Refigerated Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by buster brown, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    Nope, was assigned to the Utah one. Not there anymore. I get there and find out the recruiter was BSing me one more than one point.
    Also, NO, THEY DO NOT ALLOW NEW DRIVERS ANY PETS.
    This was a big point of my applying to Central, and of course the recruiter shimmied his away around the real answer by telling me all about how Central has kennels at all their terminals and such.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k_ivey76

k_ivey76 Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Temple,GA
    There not training in Ga? I talked to a lady yesterday and she said I was going there...I live close enough I can drive there... Suppose to be going Jan. 3.

4. TruckingStud

TruckingStud Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Riverside, CA
    Hey as far as I know they are still doing training in georgia and upgrades too. I did mine in california but I am sure I will be in georgia to upgrade hope to see ya there!

5. combatzone07

combatzone07 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2010
    madera,ca
    im leaving for riverside,ca to do their training anything i need to b aware of,on the test how quick will they fail u and send u home,i already have my permit with endorsements,will i have to take the test over again if not will i go straight to the pre-trip and airbrakes?

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    You will not have to take the tests over again.
    You will still have to take all the classroom time though. It is a mix of teaching about those tests, log book, and safety video's that the company makes you watch.
    Then you will go to pre-trip and backing, then on to driving.
    Air brakes are just a part of the pre-trip.

7. harley4life

harley4life Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I have 6 months experience OTR with a company and had to quit for family reasons. Its been just over a year and now want to return. I was told by my previous company to take a class again or go work for another company for 6-8 weeks then come back to them. Is Central going to do the same? Cause I really don't want to spend all that money on school again.

8. RollinRupert

RollinRupert Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Upstate New York
    It is impossible to make a decent buck with a company that has electronic logs. A shipper will not let you stay in or near the park and you do your 10<<<this is your sleep number, at a near by truck stop. When you start up in the morning and go to load and sit at a door for 7 hours but you rolled too far and can't stop that 14<<<this is your money number. END OF STORY. No money, Central Refrigerated is a team driver company only. You will starve as a solo. If you want to sign on as a team they could run your wheels off. On the plus side Central has phenominal equipment and an unrivaled road side assistance program. Me personally I don't sign fleeces, but they have the standard 970 bucks a week 3 year try and buy for 60k at he end. Do the math?#$$$$??? Why do people sign these things? My suggestion if you really can't get into a decent trucking company con a person that you don't mind sharing a very small space with 24/7 and bring em with you, so when you are both done training you can be a team.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.