Central Refrigerated, Day 1

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by DSmythe, Jul 15, 2013.

1. DSmythe

DSmythe Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Physical, pee test, paperwork. Moved slow so be patient when you arrive for training. On the up side, met a lot of cool people. Got a lot of positive feedback about the company from the newly graduated truckers, i wall that i talked to seemed happy with it. There getting an average of 2500 miles a week. Looking forward to getting to Utah. Good luck to everyone here and the others on the way. If you have time, get an idea of basic cdl written test questions. the first week will be fast and furious. Good luck to all on the way all here. Stay safe truckers.

Truckin2Eat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I'moutofhere

I'moutofhere Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Somewhere in Ga.
    where's your school at?

4. DSmythe

DSmythe Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
  5. DSmythe

DSmythe Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Ok. Passed the class, headed to Salt Lake City tomorrow. We had 18 in the class, only 11 are going. For those on their way to training, be ready to study, it's not hard if you study, Averaged about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night for most of us that passed. Michelle is awesome, great teacher. Everyone i talked to that's on the road with central seems pretty happy with the company. we had about 8 other people from c.r. england and stevens transport join central. they said england and stevens sucked. That's all i got people. good luck to all headed to training and all you vets out there, drive safe. l'll let you know how Utah is inn a few days. oh, by the way, hope you like crappy hotels, because you have to share your room with the roaches conley GA. lmao. later.

Truckin2Eat Thanks this.
  6. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Please keep us updated I got accepted yesterday. To join on Monday, trying to make sure I'm making the right decision.

7. DSmythe

DSmythe Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    good company, you made the right decision

8. DSmythe

DSmythe Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    For all that pass the class in georgia. Be ready for the bus ride to salt lake city, it's freaking brutal. we left friday evening at 7:30 p.m. we are 12 hours behind schedule. craziness, lol. it has been interesting and fun, were all running on minimul sleep. everyone is a little slap happy. we are rolling out of denver to salt lake now. that's all i got for now. good luck people and stay safe drivers

Truckin2Eat Thanks this.
  9. I'moutofhere

Jul 12, 2013
    Somewhere in Ga.
    I really wanted to work for central but, they would not hire me because I have not been employed for over a year. I'm 58 and I'm tired of the excuses I hear from employers. Nobody will hire a older person. Thought I would go this route but, all I hear is sorry but if you can't show employment for the past year we will not hire you.:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25512::smt017

10. wyldhorses

wyldhorses Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    Is that the only reason? How is your driving and criminal record? I ask because a friend of mine took off two years and went and got his cdl and had ZERO problem getting hired, he was having a tough time choosing who to go with, he went with Schneider. There are numerous posts about people who have been out of work for one, two years, or longer and they got hired. All you have to do is get your letter saying you weren't employed in a DOT regulated occupation during the work gap. It shouldn't be a problem. And they would rather hire a 58 year old person than a 25 year old in trucking any day of the week my friend. I just read a post today where a guy took off three years to be a stay at home dad, and he didn't have any problems getting hired, work gaps shouldn't be much of an issue.

11. I'moutofhere

Jul 12, 2013
    Somewhere in Ga.
    wyldhorses. Thanks for your information. Can I do my own DOT letter? Can you tell me what post that was about the dad taking 3 years off from work.

Thanks again

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.