Central Refrigerated school/training program in Fontana, CA

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by J.D.W., Apr 26, 2010.

1. SeaPea

SeaPea Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    Legend:
    BOLD ITALIC RED: My opinion
    BOLD ITALIC: Without stating outright, use your deductive reasoning.

Keep in mind that this academy is not Central Refrigerated. They left an awful taste in my mouth but they are not the company that I now work for.

J.D.W. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Thanks a lot man! I think I just about got the jist of what you're saying pretty well here...:biggrin_2554:.

And on that note, I think I'll probably be giving my recruiter a call first thing monday morning, to tell him to cancel my seat in the class. Of course I'll start applying to a few other companies as well, and see if I can't find something a little more decent and to my tastes.

Thanks again man!

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Any training company training will be like this, accept maybe Schneider (that I hear use to be good).
    They are all set up to teach you what you need to know to pass the test, nothing more.
    If you want to go to a trucking school that actually teaches you what you need, it will be an 8 week or so course and will cost a little more money than at a company. But you will be eligible for government grants and loans.

5. SeaPea

SeaPea Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    Schneider training was outstanding, but from what I've heard, they have closed their school for the time being.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I heard last week they were reopening some. So new drivers would just have to contact them to find out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.