Central Refrigerated Training

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by hjazluvv, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hjazluvv

hjazluvv Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Orlando
    Hello everyone. I just want to start by saying hello to everyone. I'm just getting into trucking but I have always loved the trucks since I was a little kid. I will be attending Central Refrigerated Training in November in which I think is a very good time to start because of the winter conditions. That way i will actually get the training during the winter snow and ice and anything else that comes along with it. I would hate to encounter that on my own and not know what to do. I have been driving Motor Coaches over the road for years, but i know its nothing like driving Trucks so I plan on moving that knowledge to the back of my brain. I'm really excited about starting and time cannot seem to go by fast enough. If there are any new updates or any knowledge and experience of the training please please please share. I would like to know as much as possible, mainly unexpected info that they decided not to share. Thank you all in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    I tried the central gig when I started and they were ok but the truck part. It is so quick I could not get the double clutch thing down in the few days they wanted me to so flunked out. It was a good thing because I went through unemployment and they paid for every thing and I figured out what I needed to figure out, plus I did not owe anyone anything. Central is a good company you will just owe them time when done, so good luck with all and I hope it's all you want.

4. bryanrutledge

bryanrutledge Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    snellville ga
    congrats on your schooling and good luck

5. hjazluvv

hjazluvv Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Orlando
    I have watched lots of videos about clutching and shifting. I have a pretty good idea of it all in my head but just like anything else I'm pretty sure its a lot different when you have to put it to use. I know its going to take lots of studying and extra hard work because of the amount of info in a short period of time. Thanks for the comments.

6. hjazluvv

hjazluvv Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Orlando
    Anyone that has gone through the Central Refrigerated Training know Exactly what we are supposed to bring as far as supplies for Class and packing for the training on the road?

7. hjazluvv

hjazluvv Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Orlando
    Started with Central Refrigerated on Monday November 19th 2012. Took the bus on Sunday and got to Georgia on that nignt. They put us up in a hotel...not the best but can't complain, why? Because its free!!!! Got up at 4:00 am Monday morning to be in class by 5:45 am...We started tons of paperwork which is understandable and started on security interview,drug test and physical...we already lost about 7 people at that point. Took the Wellness test which was physical but easy. Sitting around was the challenge for the day. After all of that was completed we went to the CDL training class to get started. They passed out the Utah CDL manual for us to study for a practice test on the next day. By the way, the instructor is awesome. That was the end of the day.

8. maverick88

maverick88 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    What secutity interview are you talking about? I thought they would of had ran your back gound first before you even get there?

9. JaCk ThE TrIpPeR

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Chicago & Tennessee
    The security interview is where they try to get you to self incriminate.... I fell apart laughing at how many people felt they had to be honest and said something like " I took a vicodin two years ago"...or " I smoked a little weed last year"....... DONT DO IT!! All those people got sent home.... If you dont have drug convictions on your HARD COPY background check DONT SAY ANYTHING.

I was blown away at how many people were sent home because they admitted stupid little things. Dont volunteer information if you want to work there.

10. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    was this for getting your cdl. because i already have my cdl im just waiting to start the job.

11. JaCk ThE TrIpPeR

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Chicago & Tennessee
    Yes, I obtained my CDL through them. I still had guys in my class with a CDL take the refresher if they had been out of the loop for over 90 days....Otherwise you just go through a 3 day orientation and out with a trainer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.