Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Have they fixed that yard yet? It was full of mud and pot holes a year ago when I went through there....
    What instructors are there now? I heard that they went and "cleaned" house a while back and got rid of a lot of the instructors and the so called "mechanic" they had there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey... hows' things going?
    We are on Cafe Dedicated now. I LOVE the lite loads....

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. tracker1497

tracker1497 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2012
    fresno ca
    A few years ago, I went to C R England's school. Drove for them for about 5 months. Now I am interested in Central Refridgerated, because my dad is now with them.

I spoke to a central recruiter and they told me that I would not need to take the full school again, but will need to attend orientation in Fontana and then take a road test, if passed, then I can jump on with a trainer. I am told that I will not get any practice or what not for the road test.

Question is: Will the "tester" give ya a little lee way if you screw up? I can probably get a friends truck (another company) and practice in a truck stop parking lot. It's like riding a bike.

5. jimbo2

jimbo2 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    socal
    the road test at fontana will be cake if you know how to drive. basically drive around the streets, hop on the freeway, come back to the yard. as long as you are safe and not a complete moron or danger to others, you should pass.

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

AND when you get to the parking the trailer - make sure you GOAL!! (get out and look) Even if you don't feel like you need to - do it any way!!

sesstexas Thanks this.
  7. sesstexas

sesstexas Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Longview, TX
    #### Celtic.. that really sucks that you're gone. I was kinda hoping to meet you and some other people from the forum. I've already met Rookie Trainer 2, he's actually a TDA instructor believe it or not. Haven't met anyone else from here yet (that I know of anyway... I don't exactly go around and call myself by my forum name.. haha)

I'm still in the school; week two, day two. As a matter of a fact I'm riding around in one of the training Volvo's with an instructor and 4 other students right now (3 of which have never even drove a standard shift before.) They're making me do all the tests even tho I already have my CDL. Ugh. But good news.. pre-trip and brake tests tomorrow, parking and backing tests on Thursday, and road tests on Friday. Then I'm done with their school. After that just orientation and I'm gone with a trainer.

Its been a pretty enjoyable experience. The mountains are awesome and the people are nice. I elected to stay in the "jail" instead of going to the hotel. Closer to class and food, more time to do stuff, etc. I've taken over 100 pictures so far. Ill upload them as soon as I can get home. Till then I may not be on here too much.. its kind of hard to type all this out on my phone.

Anyway, ill be here for just about another week. I'm in building two and my name is Alex. I usually wear a straw cowboy hat or a brown ball cap with orange writing. See y'all later!

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Hey sesstexas... We might just see you then :) depending on what time we swing through. We have a stop in SLC before we head to CA... Not sure if we will swing in or just by... But if I see your hat or someone answers to the name Alex... We'll say HI :D

Rookie Trainer 2 Thanks this.
  9. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Has anyone taken over a lease from another driver? I know I said I will never lease but a few things have come up and was looking at the message board online. Called one driver that has a very low lease and less then 2 years left. just wondering how to check out all the BS from the driver that wants to get out and O/O that wants to make money.

10. simple country boy

simple country boy Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    sweetwater tn
    just finished 2 weeks in school.have cdl now.leave in a day or 2 with trainer on road.central school was great.i recomend then to anyone.

11. niners77

niners77 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Waterford, CA
    I have, twice, BigRig. Main advice I can give is to go into the warranty office, and there is a girl who works in there that will print you out the complete work history of what has been done on the vehicle, so you can do a "carfax" on it. (same building as the main shop in WVC) Try to get a truck with good rubber. They should all be above 50%, but the truck I am in now had right at 50% when I got it, and I am wishing it would have been better. You can make money, in fact, I prefer used trucks here. Most of the "bugs" have been worked out, and if there are any parts from the factory that aren't quite right, usually they will have made themselves evident to the driver that got the truck new. Also, owner ops should be able to show you the mpgs that truck has been getting.

PSUMoose Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.