Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Chicago traffic is always bad. Neither safety nor DOT will accept traffic in Chicago as a reason for a violation. Sometimes a violation is beyond your control (Like a 6+ hour delay in the gorge) but the vast majority of the time if you're honest with yourself you made decisions that lead to the violation. Anything from accepting a load you shouldn't to being greedy and trying to use every last minute of your clock when you're not sure if your stop point will have available parking to not taking into account traffic or WX when you plan your trip. If you take care of those things violations will be few and far between.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    You're a better man than I. I probably would've gotten sick of it after a mile or so and speed up to 65. I wont pass someone unless they are going 63 or less in a 65+. I just don't get the point of playing 40-ton-drag-race.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i come off the 82 to washington 14. on that road there were 2 day cabs pulling a trailer i have no idea whay they're called. those square looking things with fins down the sides and tarps covering there loads. anyways, they both pulled out right in front of me. had to slam to a stop. and on the side of them daycabs. was the central name tag.

never knew central had daycabs, and certainly never seen them pulling those kindsa trailers. out in farmers country.

5. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Must be the new potato haulers. From what I understand they're hauling potatoes right out of the fields on tri-axle trl's. It's all local slipseat.

6. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Inconsiderate Central drivers?! No way... Lol. At a port delivery I listened to a guy yell for 10 minutes about how much Central sucked and his first year was over and he was leaving and they weren't stealing anymore of his money. Some people need to get out of their trucks more often and take a breather. I get enough cuckoo cachoo when I go home.

7. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I had a driver quit on me today, because I split his load in Ellenburg instead of Sumner WA (about 170mi diff) he wanted home tonight so I split the load for him, but he still had 7hrs left on his clock so I figured I would split in E because it's easier to cover the load there and it would get him 340 extra miles and still be home tonight. I got back from Orientation (I teach it for 2hrs on Thursdays) and there was a note saying 2716 is in Tacoma. He quit we need to recover the truck and save the load.
    Seems crazy to me. When I was driving (or even now) if someone said I'll give you $100 to get home the same day, but at 2000 instead of 1400 I would have done it. Do you think I was wrong??

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    people do irrational things. when they have no clue as to why or what's going on.

next time clue them in so they know what's going on.

course, he may have been planning to quit anyways.

you guys don't like it when it's time to go home. and the only thing standing in your way. is the company not heading you in that direction. and they don't bother telling you what there plan is to get you home. you just kinow your not going home the way you think or want to be going hone.

an uninformed person is a unhappy person.

unloader, Arkansas Frost and Auteon Thank this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

There you go :) SO TRUE! And when you let the driver in on the whys of your actions... Don't lie! Even if you think they won't find out... They just might!

Arkansas Frost and jess-juju Thank this.
  10. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    This is why I can't do regional. When I used to work a local service gig I'd look at my stops in the morning. Sometimes I'd have a short day. If another job came in in the morning I was happy to have the extra work (and money), BUT if that extra job didn't come in until after I started my last job it didn't matter that I might make $50-150 extra; all I saw was a delay in getting home. It never made a lot of sense to me, but without fail when I'm wrapping up that last job of a short day and I get a call on another job I'm anything but happy. When you're home frequently the whole mindset around going home changes.

Arkansas Frost and Lady K Thank this.
  11. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    omg i fully agree! like going home is so different. especially when your a local. its like you cant wait to go home even if your local. the thing is other jobs arent like this. but i feel like its a lot to deal with electronic logs. like lets say you just need an extra hour to go home. i dont know. it sucks. but ya i know what you mean. especially when your almost done for the day and your dispatch tells you go here and here. next thing you know. your stuck on the road when your only 1 hour from the house. ya it sucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.