Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well I guess we've been busy on the forum, and the Moderators have requested a new thread be started... So comes the third incarnation of the Central Truck Stop :)

Come on in, put up a seat, grab a cup and relax!!

Doulos, Jarhed1964, marlowhy and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Three years, three different threads! Hey Lady K! :) Amazing how in retrospect things weren't that bad with Central.
    i have been grumping about the .34 fueling charge since it started showing up-the only way to avoid it is to fuel at Swift terminals. Which means fewer points, shower credits etc. Being charged the .34 for refer fuel also is no bueno.
    So I guess we will just add this ridiculous charge to the long list of tax deductibles.
    My optimistic opinion is things should smooth out now that the transition has taken place and most drivers and trucks are in their system.
    We did have to sit in Ca for two days waiting for Oregon permit. Keep checking on layover pay request but no confirmation yet.

mje, Doulos and Lady K Thank this.
  4. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Was wondering if you were gonna put this thing in the good or bad forum lol. Just to get the ball rolling in here, are you guys still doing good on your dedicated loop? Or has swift almost sent that all to hell? Stay safe... And hope it's still ok I still chime in even though I don't drive for them anymore!

unloader

mje Thanks this.
  5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Sweet. First page. Do I win? What's my prize? A new company?

mje Thanks this.
  6. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Well as the song goes, another one bites the dust. I was on home time in the Buffalo NY area during the last week of Jan and first week of Feb and thought I would hang out here till the new system was in place and get around the obvious chaos that would ensue because none of the drivers had been told or trained in how to use the new system. I had the APU on my truck worked on and during one of the snow storms that was going on, I went to the shop to pick up the truck. There was about 4" of snow on the ground and I was running bobtail. While pulling out from a stop light the wheels spun, I let off the throttle and regained traction right away. Then the QUALCOMM sends me a message telling me that I have had a "CRITICAL EVENT". Then another message pops up and tells me that I have to call an 800 number and explain what happened. I crawled home through the snow and parked, called the 800 number and explained that I lost traction, let off throttle, regained traction and then proceeded. Everything seemed fine till I got a message a couple days later and said that I had to go to a terminal and watch a video entitled "rollover prevention" or some such thing. My driver code and password doesn't work in the Swift system and no-one can tell me what to do to fix that, so going to the terminal in Jonestown left me still in the soup. I then got a msg from my DM that he was going to call me. . . . He then proceeded to tell me that he had to read a letter to me that basically said that I was a bad boy for losing traction at the speed of 5MPH and 12.5 MPH and I had to correct my driving or I would be put on suspension or my contract cancelled. I was required to "sign" the letter or be put on safety hold until I did. So I guess I screwed up when I didn't continue spinning the wheels until the truck caught up with the speed of the wheels instead of taking my foot of the throttle?
    As an aside, I was now in Boston, with a student, had delivered my load and waiting for a load for almost 24 hours. So I said that I needed a couple of hours to think about it, started the truck and proceeded to Syracuse where I dropped the trailer, then drove home. I called them Tuesday morning and said that I dropped their trailer, would not sign their BS paper and needed to find a different trainer for my student. It's not surprising that I still have the student at my house and there is no contact for what they want to do for getting him to a motel, a trainer, a bus or plane ticket. . . .

Anyone want to take over the last 2 years of a 2013 Freightliner with an APU and a 2300 watt inverter?

Ice Train, scottied67, mje and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Us.. Yep, still on the same loop. I think that has saved us some serious heart ache. We knew in advance where we were to be and going to... The macs and other things didn't really slow us down. I think if we had been OTR still, it might have been a different story!

mje Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

YOU WIN!!

You have won the chance to have an AWESOME day!!

mje Thanks this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We get "critical events" all the time! Following distance is our usual... It's the same distance the On Guard has us at, but the On Guard isn't on, so it thinks we are following too close... Or a car passes in front of use trying to exit the freeway... That type of thing. We've even got a call from the High Mucky Muck of Central Safety wanting us to 'explain the correct following distance'. Of course this is all BEFORE Swift. I can so understand your feeling of insult with this... And will it go on your DAC? Sometimes technology is helpful, but it is also blind to circumstance... That is where human reasoning is SUPPOSE to kick in... Sigh... I hope things work out for you, and your student... What a welcome to the company he's getting :(

Arkansas Frost and mje Thank this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Do you have the right side mounted fog line camera too? I would be getting warnings all day if I had that one!

mje Thanks this.
  11. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I wonder if there is anyone....I mean ANYONE at the Swift/Central Mother Ship who discusses with with other important type people there why Central drivers are dropping like flies? Or does it go like this: "Joe Central says, "Our driver dropout rate in this merger currently sits at 75%". Bob Swift replies, "75%? That's a number we can live with! Good job Joe!".

Doulos, mje, Lady K and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.