Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Firebirds71

Firebirds71 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Not much to read lately though

4. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I do too. But, the Swift buyout has taken its toll. I must say that the dire predictions of many that left were unfounded though.

5. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I still follow this thread because Central was such a big part of my driving career.

Sometimes I don't know if I should be posting as I've been gone a while, but I sure do enjoy hearing what's going on! And until people tire of hearing stories of Central back in the good old days, I guess I'll keep on posting them.

Like right now, for instance:
    I was in a TINY town down south, no truckstops in sight. Needed to do a trailer wash before picking up at Nestle. Finally found a coin operated wash. Only had a $20 bill, so when I put it into the change machine, quarters ran all across the parking lot!

Finally got the trailer washed out, with me getting more wet than the trailer. Luckily I was still wet when I got to the gate at Nestle, so they approved my trailer.

The following week, my request for a trailer wash reimbursement was denied because I didn't have a receipt. I told my DM that my socks were still wet, and I could send them to West Valley City as a receipt!

He assured me that I should NOT mail my wet socks to West Valley City, and he would figure out a way to get it paid. (Which he did, by the way).

On my last day with the company, I soaked a pair of socks in water and placed them on the bench between the "war room" and the driver's lounge, where the DMs take their breaks. I should call him and ask if he saw them, because he would definitely know they were from me!

Buckeye91 and Lady K Thank this.
  6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Anyone know what happened to LADY K and her husband , I know they left CENTRAL but have stopped posting altogether on here ?

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Good timing :)

i forgot got my password and the auto fill on my iPad reset when I updated stuff... Just got back on... Been doing a lot on FB, so not as much forum time...

We are still running under our own authority. LOTS of paperwork, but so far so good :)

8. Firebirds71

Oct 22, 2010
    Just saw a swift truck in a parking lot with a Central trailer hooked to it. As a former Central driver, this is an abomination!!

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I'm glad we left when we did... The 'merge' could have been handled so much better... At least IMHO

10. Firebirds71

Oct 22, 2010
    Just watched a video on Facebook about how Swift is having a difficult time attracting new drivers and keeping the ones they already have. I chimed in and told them the biggest problem swift has in my opinion, and from what I have been told here, is that they micro manage everything to death, and they do not treat drivers very well.

11. Bsrlinmaz

Bsrlinmaz Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Arizona
    Applied to Swift, for Refrigerated, plus CDL school...had a recruiter respond with an email telling about Central Refrigerated Service training, in SLC...I live about 50 miles from Phoenix...does Swift not have headquarters and CDL school in Phoenix? Or does the Phoenix school not do Refrigerated?

Have a chance to go to Phoenix area private CDL school, on state grant, (Phoenix Truck Driving Institute)...any opinions on which path to take: CRS training in SLC and work for Swift/CRS Refrigerated, or Phoenix Truck Driving Institute, and then Swift/CRS Refrigerated mentoring/training? Just asking for opinions as to which route would give better overall training and set me up better for success down the road.

If I were to do the CDL school in SLC through Swift/CRS, and then get into Refrigerated, would I still be able to have Phoenix as home base, or would it have to be SLC?

Have to wait until Monday morning to call the recruiter back and ask questions...so thought I'd ask for input from Swift/CRS drivers here.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.