Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

How FUN!! Not a problem here - I'll take who they give me - and learn all I can from them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poolplyntrucker

poolplyntrucker Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Kentucky
    Goodluck LadyK, its work,lot to learn in short time. My hubby was concerned since its an excellerated course, the first wk I felt so overwhelmed but by the second wk it started to make sense!
    Have fun, see ya on the other side!:Trailer:

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I hope it works out the same for me... Klingon was just saying that here it's a 2-2.5 week course instead of the 3-4 week course he went through :O Thank goodness I've done 'some' studying - probably not as much as I should have - distractions (like this forum - LOL) - but tomorrow it will be down to 'brass tacks'... <BIG SILLY GRIN> I can't wait!!

Klingon Thanks this.
  5. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Well here's the thing, I have to park for my breaks at the Distribution Center I work out of. I go home 2 days a week, so no reason for me to have transport here. But yeah that is a good idea if I was OTR, but alas I am walmart dedicated (werner)

6. sunnybiss77

sunnybiss77 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Hi all, I have been reading through all the old posts and have received a lot of great info. My husband is a new company driver and I am trying to understand the pay. I know a new driver gets .28 per mile and that part of that is per diem.

But what about days when he is sitting somewhere waiting to get a load? Is there a "wait" pay or something? Also, her heard about short load pays, but I don't quite understand how that works.

Can someone help me understand pay for a company driver at Central? Thanks!

7. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    No wait pay! Unless it is over a certain amount of hours. You get paid by the mile. If you have a lot of stops then you get extra money per stop. If it is a real short load then you will get a little extra. There are bonuses too. Pay per mile though is the main pay. If the wheels aren't turnin you aren't earnin! Whether you are away from home or not.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Good luck to you LadyK! Time to put your study cap on!

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. fatboy02

fatboy02 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2010
    riverside, ca.
    Hello, it looks like I'm going to start school in Fontana in March. Just pending some additional info my recruiter needs to verify, I'm looking forward to starting a new job. It works out good for me as I live just a few miles from there I get to go home every night. Recruiter told me two weeks and then with trainer, is there anyone who recently finished training there and what is the real time frame getting in a truck with trainer? As recruiters seen to not exactly give the correct details. Thanks

10. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well it varies they have 3 yard that trainees go to so that's 3 sets of classes that graduate every week. The school is 2 full weeks Monday-Saturday and the 3rd week is just 3 days of orientation. You could receive a trainer anywhere from that last day of orientation all the way to the following Monday. It all depends on where the trainer is at and when they can get to the yard. Hope this helps

Lady K Thanks this.
  11. cutter

cutter Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    2 quick questions, probaby directed at just a few of you on here. Does Central pay layover pay to company drivers? I dropped a day early on Friday and have been sitting here at TA just south of Cincy since then. Finally got a load out tomorrow that delivers in FL on Wed. #2, will my very minor mishap from the other day prevent me from becoming a trainer if I wanted to become one? What is the timeframe w/no dings on your record?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.