Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog-n-me

dog-n-me Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2010
    ft lauderdale florida
    ok here goes .. been off the otr for over 20 years. been driving local class b stuff. ready to go back. supposedly central looking drivers my area s. florida. yea i know i am going to have to go with trainer (obvious). IS CENTRAL REFER A GOOD CHOICE. i know things in industry havent changed to much most companies couldnt walk there talk if you gave-em a leg up. but i got hope lol. probaly have to go for good 4 weeks with trainer or more . i still have class A that was the smart thing i did. IS CENTRAL A GOOD CHOICE THIS IS MY PRIMARY CONCERN , HOW DO THEY TREAT THERE DRIVERS/ WITH RESPECT OR CRAP ON EM?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Hey Dog, I live in Fl and drove for Central. They are an excellent company. I would say large enough to keep you busy yet small enough to still treat you like a human being. I think the majority of folks on this forum are very pleased with Central. Also a lot of "ex" drivers seem to recommend them. If they are hiring in FL right now you better jump on it because they only do it for so long. They have hiring freezes down here all the time. Their closest terminal would be Conley, GA which is pretty much southeast Atlanta. A few things have changed since I have been there but I am sure the others can fill you in on any requirement details or pay etc... Welcome to the forum!

4. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    My class started with 36 and 34 graduated. It all depends on how many of you work together to pass the written and the pre-trip test. We all worked together.

5. afsmsgt

afsmsgt Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lebanon, IN
    Started with 41 and we just graduated 22. We are in the process of getting seated on our trainers trucks now. My trainer is suppose to be in to get me between noon and 3 tomorrow. Hope the weather allows it!!

6. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    It is a wally world dc, on US 75 between Bartlesville and Tulsa. Checked ODOTS road condition site and it says all roads open but slick. Latest info tho was from # 1500.

7. sirbrysonsmom

sirbrysonsmom Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Woodlake, CA
    Thanks you guys, I was thinking about studying and taking the permit tests ahead of time. That way I would maybe be ahead of the curve. The recruiter I talked to said to study the CDL handbook backwards and forwards. Any thoughts on that?

8. DriversNeededNow

DriversNeededNow Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Can anyone post their pay? What software does Central use to determine miles? How much do they pay for detainment and when does it start? What speed are their trucks governed at?
    Thanks

9. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Are you a recruiter?

10. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Sounds like a "spy" Mikley! Good call!

Sirbryson, I don't see any reason not too. Can't see what it would hurt. Make sure you study up on the logbooks. That and airbrakes will probably be the tougher parts of it. Unless you are planning to get your hazmat. That's definitely the hardest. At least for me it was. There should be plenty of info on the net and practice tests. Either that or maybe some current trainee could email you some. Good luck man!

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

If you get the permit ahead of time - it will save you on some of the cost - I don't think they volunteer that info - it would cost them money then... but make sure you can come into it w/permit in hand - don't take this info without checking it out... I could be wrong!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.