Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Had to take my truck to the shop in Indianapolis last night, when I would go over 45 the check engine light would come on. So I got here last night, and checked the truck into the shop. Went in today to see where I was in line, turns out there at 66 trucks ahead of me waiting for the shop. They said it would be Tuesday at the earliest. This SUCKS!!!!!!!

I feel like telling my DM I'm available for a load and if I end up on the side of the road Oh ##### Well!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Well at least you get a reset. Thats one good thing about leasing. You can just go to TA, Petro, Boss shop, ambest, or the dealer to get your truck fixed.

4. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Already had a reset, didn't need another one

5. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    WHO the F routes this ####?!?! My LA stops have me going to oxnard, then across LA to Corona (near the terminal) then Backtrack to Carson, ca? I asked if i can stop at Carson first and i get the (cant do stops out of order) reply. I can pay the guy unloading $20 and he will move the 3 pallets going to corona to get his stuff and put the 3 pallets back. :biggrin_25510:

6. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yeah makes you wonder huh! Just make sure your DM knows. See if it was me there would have been some dumb reason for it being scheduled that way and things would have been all F'd up! Kind of like potato chip routing!

7. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Lol I didn't have enough hrs in 1 day to drive from N Cali. To oxnard, to corona then back to Carson. Then find a place to park. Rand mcnally says the whole trip would take 10 hrs that way. I changed the order of stops and it came up to a little over 8. And would have delivered all stops. Instead they are powering it at the stop before. So the driver who is getting this load is only getting about 60 miles.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Sucks to be him!

9. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    I'm gonna explain to him when he comes to the stop before the 99 so he gets mad at dispatch instead of me.

10. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yeah, just in case you run into him again right. When my wife and I ran for Central we actually used to feel so bad because most of our loads were picked up and delivered by solo drivers. Granted a lot of it was done by local drivers. Of course I shouldn't feel too bad because I can't tell you the number of times a month or week that we he had to do re-powers for slack drivers who were either to lazy or couldn't add numbers together in their log book! That was on top of the guys that were legitimately sick or broke down. Really though you can't complain, it kept us moving and we rarely were sitting to pick-up or deliver. We did sit waiting for loads to show at drop yards but it was actually nice because we could go in drop go to dinner or breakfast or shopping. As a team that was our only downtime pretty much. Honestly there were times we looked forward to it. Of course when you hope it happens that driver will be there waiting on you. My motto has always been, "In trucking the only thing you can plan on is the plan changing!" For those slow out the gate trip planning this will put a hell of a learning curve on it!

Lady K Thanks this.
  11. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    I don't know how the planners think I can get from Fremont, ca and across LA twice in 10 hrs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.