Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    is the Skate division hiring drivers from CA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    He said he trained you raincatcher. He was in the class the week before us, so we saw him a bit. And we ended up in salt lake when he upgraded and celebrated that with him. Things are really going well for him. I am glad to know that for sure.

4. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I am here to get my load a day early and was freaked out because I was afraid that I was going to be late. LOL, the joke is on me. I guess I start getting a bit punchy after 4-5 days of running 10 on, 10 off. So I get some needed sleep and clean the truck inside a bit. It looks like a Central Refrigerated convention with 5 drivers and 9 trailers here. Yup, we still run catfish. One of the drivers is a trainer and he is getting a load that has 12 drops in Chicago. I don't like driving there, too many low things that hit the top of the trailer. too little warning before you get there and then no-where to turn around.

5. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I will have to respectfully disagree on that point. If something is written up, there should be something to fix. He is red-tagging everything in sight and then you go to repair shop and there is nothing to fix. Been to crswvc lately? See all of the red-tagged trailers? Half are for sale and they don't want leaving the yard, about 35% of the rest have something wrong with them and the rest are bullshirt that someone has written up. I looked for a day for a trailer and then just went to the shipper, picked up my preloaded trailer and got a nasty phone call for not bringing an empty over. We had none, but that is beside the point I guess.

6. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    When a student is in the truck the trainer TRYS to sleep. The first couple of weeks is tough on a trainer cause the student isn't allowed to drive at night. After that, the trainer will sit up for a couple of night sessions with the student. Then he/she will usually conk out for a day in the bunk while the student runs a couple of day shifts.

Total training time is usually 4-5 weeks or 15,000 truck miles. They may have changed it since I graduated about a year ago. Based on all the accidents that we are getting on a daily basis, they may extend it further. The only reason you run team with the trainer is to get you some OTR experience so you have a chance to run solo. If you want to team with someone, they like that too and may actually help a lot in the long run. two heads are usually better than one when you come up with a problem.

7. mxzhead

mxzhead Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Hi all it's Been a while since I posted. I'm out with my trainer right now. They changed the training policy again. It is 200 drive hours now. No more 28 day min. Or 17000 miles. Yes you are not supposed to drive between 2-6 am the first two weeks. We are at the end of our 2nd week. So far everything is going great. The first week we ran about 6700 miles. That was a blast!!! So far this week about 5500. So if you see truck 00033 come on by and say hi.

JimBob24, biker dave and Lady K Thank this.
  8. biker dave

biker dave Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    pittsburgh,pa
    cool, keep us updated, who's central competition, martin, cr england, thanks, over there at ffe looks a little slow for those guys what doe's your trainer say about them

9. Raincatcher

Raincatcher Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Following "the grey road".
    Really need direction,insight or just plain old help. I have an 0800 appointment at Vista/West side Poultry in the Bronx,NY tomorrow. Is there a safe place to park,a Pilot would be awesome,within a reasonable distance? Roadrunner already clued me in to stay on the top level of bridges and away from all tunnels. He also said my truck should fit under most underpasses & bridges. I want to get there early,but not too early. I may sound like a nervous 'ol woman,but....oh yeah, I am a nervous old woman....:biggrin_25525: and really,really would love getting older.
    Thanks for any help,you will be rewarded. :biggrin_25514: :yes2557:

10. lextec

lextec Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Lick Skillet,AL
    If it's on food center rd they used to let us park all along the side of the that rd,but keep in mind that was in the mid 1990's. Just strap the doors (from door pull to door pull) with a small cargo strap. I never had a problem down there, but be careful.

Raincatcher Thanks this.
  11. Raincatcher

Raincatcher Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Following "the grey road".
    Yes,that's the one. I am a little nervous (does it show?) about parking there after looking at it on Google. I was planning on leaving Buffalo,I'm there now, this evening and finding a rest area or truck top within 50 miles. Is that a possibility, or just a wild dream? :biggrin_2551: :biggrin_25512::biggrin_25512:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.