Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Been with central for 6 months get about the same miles. After 4 months get a qualcom message once a month from o/o telling me how many miles I did and how much I would make as a o/o. That's it delete message move on. Communication is the key. If I'm going to be early my dm knows and I always drop. If I'm going to be late she knows why and finds a repower. If you are going to be late the sooner you let them know the better. If you wait to the last minute to tell them they have no time to find repower and hold it against it you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BiggDaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Rigg

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Got my check this week and it was more then expected :thumbup: I got a productivity bonus. I don't know what it is or how I got. Can someone enlightened me so I can get it again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

4. BolloxReader

BolloxReader Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Indiana
    That's good to hear! They told us about a safety bonus ($500 a quarter) but I don't remember anything about a productivity bonus. I asked about a fuel bonus for company drivers and one person said yes, a penny a mile, but my trainer looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it. I'm at West Valley City right now, my trainer's conked out in his red tagged tractor and he's not moving any time soon so I will ask some questions locally. If your question hasn't been answered by then I'll post what I find out. I need to inquire about team driving anyway. I seem to sleep MUCH better in a moving truck than in a stationary bed at home. I'll just add your question to my list.

5. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    If you do more than 10,500 miles per calendar month you get $0.01 per mile as a bonus. If you got the productivity bonus you should have got the Fuel Bonus too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  6. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Trainers would look at you funny, because they don't get a fuel bonus.

9500 miles per any given calendar month and an idle percentage below 20% and you get $0.01 per mile, 20-25% you get $0.005 per mile, 25-30% you get $0.00 per mile. Anything over 30% Central gets your money unless you can justify the idle time (i.e stuck in Dallas in your truck for a week during the summer).

Most of the company trucks either have the ICON (Volvos, Prostars) or Opti-Idle (Freightliners) system to help you keep the idle time down..

7. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    I sent a message via the Owner/Op MAC and told them to save the typing, because I will be staying company for some time. The messages stopped and my miles per week were NOT affected.

I have had a pleasent change of finances at home that has made me reconsidering the lease option.. Since I now got a clue what a complete year will be like I know how to plan for the down weeks.

I can tell you December to the 1st of March is not the ideal time to lease. However, if you lease after March 1st you have 9 months to save up to cover Dec, Jan and Feb next year. I would not lease a truck anytime after July for that reason. Not enough time to prepare for the bad months that WILL happen..

8. Big Rigg

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Yeah I got the fuel bonus too but was kind of expecting that one. Just never knew about the productivity bonus. Thanks

9. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Celtic unless you are pushing 4000 miles a week I would be weary of leasing. I gotta tell you Celtic we ran as a team and I could never imagine doing that lease as a single driver! If you are serious about doing it Celtic save your money and buy yourself a good used truck. It will be way cheaper and you will make a lot more money.

One big thing that isn't upfront about the leasing is all the extra charges you find out after you sign the lease. We used to pay $600 a month just because we ran too many miles!!! Plus once you lease you are stuck! Central WILL NOT hire you back on as a company driver once you go lease. So if it doesn't work out not only are stuck with a hurrendous amount of debt but you won't have a job either!

Celtic you are doing good now, I wouldn't mess up a good thing. Don't get "shiny syndrome"! Its what happens when a mega-carrier dangles a brand new truck in front of your face for no money down!

Why do you think Central wants its drivers to own the trucks instead of them? Because they have a team of experienced college grads who majored in business and they know that leasing trucks isn't the best way to make money.

All of Central's trucks are third party lease, which means Central is leasing them and then leases them to you.

1badz28 and smadronia Thank this.
  10. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    and to add to this once you go l/o you lose all benifits such as insurance and 401k and such. me personally i would stay company.

smadronia Thanks this.
  11. trkrswyf

trkrswyf Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Oro Grande, CA
    I'm not sure if this is what you want, but they start out new drivers at .28 cents a mile. The most miles my husband has gotten in a week in the three months he's worked for Central is 2,300. This week he has 1,400. After all the deductions are taken out bring home pay is about $150. Last week they pulled him off of a 2,600 mile load to stop in SL to talk to the lease guy. Are they freaking kidding me?? Yeah that's what he wants to do. He want's to give them more money than he's bringing home. We are barely making it.

If this isn't what you were looking for I apologize for taking your time, but thanks for letting me vent.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.