Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Aside from the $75 safety meeting thing, I've never received a bonus. They're not that easily obtainable, especially for teams.

I got $500 once, within the first 6 months of driving, but I have no idea why.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    You need to call the recruiting department and find out. My best guess is that no, they will not hire a student with a CDL, but not experience. They alternate between hiring experienced drivers and not, but I have no idea about students.

4. jimbo2

jimbo2 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    socal
    I had 3 guys in my class at central with class a. One guy was a fresh grad but his school didnt have 53 footers

5. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Thus the reason for my tag line...

6. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Methinks safety is having a shortage on words... :biggrin_25510:

7. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Most times I get all the bonuses, but I am still trying to figure out where that $500.00 safety bonus comes from. Last I knew it was $75.00

8. trkrswyf

trkrswyf Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Oro Grande, CA
    No there isn't. I love how I've now had two different guys, based on two different posts basically call me a liar. You don't know me, but I don't lie and my husband and I don't lie to each other. That's not how we conduct our lives.

There have been NO safety issues, he was late ONCE to a receiver because his alarm didn't go off. Other than that he makes his bonuses and doesn't turn down loads.

His DM told him he was pulled off the load because he requested to talk to the lease dept. which he did not. He's not driving enough miles to even consider a lease.

So, there isn't more to the story, don't try to read between the lines, what you see is what you get with me.

9. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    This by the way is the rest of the story. You just assumed I called you a liar. Trust me if I thought you were lying I wouldn't hesitate to say so. I don't beat around a bush to say what I mean, so please don't accuse me of something you yourself has done.

Seems to me I have read you saying this DM has done other things he wasn't supposed to do and he wasn't getting your husband the miles. Time to get a new DM.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    when i was co otr my miles were crap due to an incompetant dm. the $150 paychecks broke me and me and the wife lost everything due to this co who didn't keep their promises. i finally got on the kraft dedicated fleet and things really improved but it was too late to save myself. i hung it out to get the experience at the cost of losing everything. now i have a great regional job making really good money and have put everything back toegher. just hang in there ask for a new dm or get on a dedicated acct. things will be tough and the money will be slow to come at times. i am not bashing central or your husband or anyother trucking co. here its just a fact of life in this industry when you start out some people seem to make money right off the bat while others don't . i guess the stars have to align just right for the money to start flowing right off the bat. plus there a lotof drivers who will lie and embelish stuff to make them selves look better in the eyes of others. not all are tghat way but some are. you and your husband are the only ones who know what is really going on here so my best advise is to hang in there get a years experiance and move on to another co. now don't fall into this trap and i have seen it done before. your miles will be really bad for a while starting out then all the sudden they improve to where you are eligable to lease they stay steady for a while then the leasing dept will start hammering you to lease with the promise of even more miles. since you were not making squat before and the miles have picked up. you will be more inclined to lease now DON'T DO IT IT IS A TRAP TO GET YOU ON AS A LEASE OPERATOR. if you have any other questions or might need some advise just pm me and i will do what i can to help. yall just keep your chin up and good things will happen.

trkrswyf Thanks this.
  11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Well, I have to say this: If this is the "Discuss Your FAVORITE Trucking Company" <emphasis added> forum, I would hate to read about what writers have to say about Central on the DAC forums.

Wow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.