Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BolloxReader

BolloxReader Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Indiana
    I have my training workbook in front of me along with my laptop as we wait out the chain law declaration on Cabbage. There's this page with tons of blank lines, and a two word safety message to copy down. The anthropologist in me feels compelled to write an essay on the cultural significance of the concept of speed limits and how this is dealt with across multiple societies, backed by accident rates from various countries. But I'm not sure if Central prefers MLA or APA style citations.

PSUMoose and smadronia Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimbo2

jimbo2 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    socal
    Hey celtic have you considered being a trainer if I leased thats the route I would go

4. jimbo2

jimbo2 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    socal

They dont come standard however you can get lucky and get one that has it. Only leased trucks are allowed apus

5. BiggDaddy

BiggDaddy Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2012
    So, assuming I don't get lucky (I probably won't), is there an alternative I could use instead that would not need an APU to run it?
    What do you guys do for food if there is no way to keep anything cold? Do you limit your diet to canned food and the occasional warm meal you pay for? I don't see how it could be financially beneficial to eat out everyday.
    Thanks for the input, and I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I am just trying to prepare for the lifestyle change.

6. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    :biggrin_2557:Keeping yourself fed on the road is always a financial problem. Especially if your not allowed to idle.

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

When we were company... We were allowed to have an inverter installed and we ran our small fridge off of that. We now lease and have a larger inverter, so now also have a microwave :biggrin_25525:. Since we are a team, we (hopefully) don't spend much time sitting, so we don't have to worry to much about idling, or it running our batteries down. We also use a crock pot and the Burton oven... Just did a pork roast for dinner tonight :biggrin_255: and looking forward to left overs for lunch tomorrow :biggrin_25525:

BiggDaddy Thanks this.
  8. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    The only thing I can say good about the lease is it taught me what it would take to operate a truck of my own. Other than that it was a big ripoff. One that I recovered from and will not make that same mistake ever again. Don't get me wrong some do well with the lease but most dont. Very few are sucessful so if you do lease just be fore warned it might not work out for you. Two good friends of mine were sucessful until central pulled a bunch of bs and now they no longer work there. one had a minor accident the other was on home time told the company that he hurt his back and the doc gave him vicotin and they terminated him. They were both trainers and lease operators at the time central terminated them. Like I said before and ill say it again central is a good starter company that's all and celtic wolf the grass is definately greener on the other side well at least it is for me and jess. Jjranch.

9. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    yep the grass maybe greener on the other side but thats because theres a leaky sewer running thru that yard.

celticwolf Thanks this.
  10. ped

ped Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't run for Central and I have an inverter but have chosen to not have a refrigerator. Instead I use one of the 12 volt coolers which has done a fine job keeping my food cool. On cool nights I've had to unplug it to keep it from freezing everything. Just stop by a Walmart or grocery store once every week or two to resupply.

Just my .02.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  11. BiggDaddy

BiggDaddy Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Thats a good idea. I wasn't sure if the plug in cooler would keep cold enough. Thank You

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.