central refrigerated

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tkr2hrt, Apr 10, 2007.

1. WatsonDL1

WatsonDL1 Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    I myself think the truck traffic has increased. Especially within the refrigerated area. i think people realize that other material things may not matter as much as Food!! I also believe that if the CSA2010 comes into effect as they say it will, they predict the loss of 175,000 Drivers the first year. i cant find the link, but i did see it on the www.fmcsa.dot.gov website

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    That number was in the rumors section. Since CSA2010 will not actively get rid of any drivers. It will just make company's not want to hire them.
    It cannot get rid of them actively since nothing in the reg messes with your license.

4. norcalray

norcalray Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Rocklin,CA
    Im new to this industry. Why will we loos 175k drivers. Seems like a high number.

5. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I don't think we will really loose them.
    They said the same thing when CDL was coming into effect.
    They think that 175k drivers will have a high enough number of points on their pre-employment screening that they will be un-employable.
    Since you are new, you have no points. So don't worry about it till you wrack up some tickets.

leatherman Thanks this.
  6. leatherman

leatherman Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2010
    i suppose we can hope for better pay incentives for having fewer points etc if this does come to pass.. or will it be one of those when pigs fly...

7. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Current start date for CSA2010 to take the place of Safestat is Dec 1.
    I do not see any chance of better pay for lower points.
    An economist was talking about it on the radio the other day. He does not see it either.
    Low points you will work. Get too high and you will not work.
    Right now company's are scared. So they are doing all they can to try and scare the driver. And make drivers think it is all about them.
    In reality it is still all about the company, just now the drivers are a larger part of the equation.

So right now company's have no idea what a high number of points for a driver is.
    And they may never know. Since it is not really a driver rating system.
    The FMCSA does not apply points to the PSP printout. (PSP= Pre-employment screen)
    So they are using 3rd party software to guess what is high and what is not.
    It will take a year or more to really know.
    Also they are looking at just the point total.
    Since you cannot look at the basics in CSA as all being equal, the points cannot be added up outside the basic they are in.

Anyway, this is well outside the scope of this thread.
    I hope I have not confused you too much.
    I read allot on this, and listen to sessions with FMCSA people on the subject every couple of weeks.

Jaegur Thanks this.
  8. norcalray

norcalray Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Rocklin,CA
    I agree CD. Got my permit today. I'm so excited to start the industry.

9. shawnbfromjersey

shawnbfromjersey Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Philadelphia region
    Warning to all newbies that go to central refridgerated school. It is a crash course to get your cdl. Halve of your class will fail the cdl road test. Halve of you will get a trainer that only wants to get miles on his truck and not teach you. When you take the upgrade to get your own truck you will have to shift good and you will have to back between two trailers doing a 90 degree. The backing is the harder one. Halve will fail the backing because driving for 10 hours on the highway and practice backing between two white lines aint the same. Most importantly when you are terminated for failing the upgrade the second time, they will ruin your career by putting terminated on your dac report. When that happens otr trucking companies will require you to have 6 months of experience to hire you. You will have the problem of not getting the 6 months of experience because no one will hire you. And you are no longer a recent school grad because you were with a trainer for longer than 30 days. You will see that most companies dont recognize central school as accredited. You will ask central for your school records, they will tell you that you must pay for your tuition in full before they sennd them to you. Your whole last pay check will be taken away from you for school. You will get fed up getting turned down from jobs that you will go do a refresher course so that someone will hire you. But know one will because you have terminated on your dac report. You will contact dac fix services to get it removed. They will take your money and tell you that they were unsuccesfull.

How ever there is hope you can got to your dmv and give up your cdl a for a regular driver liscense. And start over and you will be a recent school grad. I suggest watkins and shephard because they have good training and you get to pratice backing after class on your own. Also werner because they dont have a road test for recent graduates. Your trainer will just pass you. Just remember to sign the darn pass sheet or you will take a road test.

Other line of hope is to keep your cdl and apply for swift. Swift will take centrals training up to two years. They are able to hire you because they are so big that they own the insurance company that wrights them.

Oh and if all else fails there is cr england refresher course. Pay for it upfront or they will jack you worst than central by putting breech of contract on your dac if you quit. And you will quit with them because your not dumb enough to do thier lease and they will tell you we dont have any company trucks available. Give them 90 days and go to shaffer.

One more plan. You can join the national guard or reserve as a mos 88m truck driver and then work for con-way, schnider, prime, maverick

10. BIGBUDDY29

BIGBUDDY29 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MONTROSE,CO
    Hi, All
    I called Central Thursday about employment, the recurter ask if I had experience told him 7 yrs. He told me to call back next month when they get ther new trucks. I didn't ask for a new truck just want to work and drive. I was wondering maybe they just want new drivers to get the training money. Oh well guess I'll try to contact May truckiung.
    Be safe, GOD BLESS.

11. shawnbfromjersey

shawnbfromjersey Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Philadelphia region
    When I was there 2 years ago they were doing the same thing. Only taking students for there school. The students pay central to work there. And they work for cheap. You know how it goes. Try shaffer refridgerated. They pay better

BIGBUDDY29 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.