central refrigerated

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tkr2hrt, Apr 10, 2007.

1. billyj57

billyj57 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2010
    muncie indiana
    My son went to work for Central, seems to be happy.Stopped to visit with him at thier Corp. office. One of the office guys asked me if i was interested in a lease purchase ! I smiled and told him no way,Why should I when i'm leased to a company hauling LTL flatbed and average 2100 miles a week and gross 4500 - 5000 a week to the truck, he just looked at me.lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedromorales

Pedromorales Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Billyj,

No we should not take recommendation of company spoke-holes and “keep our mouth shut” we should make lots of noise on every forum write to congressman and senators and let the world know what kind of abuses go on in trucking industry only then will things change for better.:biggrin_25525:

4. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

shawn....so what your saying, you could not a back a trailer? I dont believe id want you backing next to my pretty central truck if you couldnt hit the hole at a yard.

5. Subgod

Subgod Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Thank You well said any favorite companies out there new guy but 40 and owned my own businesses for 20 years looking at a trucking business

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Im looking at driving for central and was just curious on the pros and cons of the company and also curious since im only 22 if it s a good idea to drive at a young age

7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Finding company's that will take you at 22 can be hard.
    The hardest part is deciding if you are able to handle the lifestyle. It is not the work that drives people out of the industry. It is the life itself.

I got my class A when I was 21. I drove OTR for a few months with my cousin and hated it.
    You are not home much. So say goodbye to your friends. No going out to party or hang out at the clubs very often.
    When you do get home it is a day recovery time. Doing laundry, fixing your sleep schedule etc.
    I personally will not drink if I will be working within the next 24 hours. So if I am just home for a weekend, then no drinking.
    You will be home only 4 days a month at most company's.

The plus. If you can handle it.
    You can make a good living. And if you are single, and can put a relatives address on things for mailing. You do not need to pay for a place to live. You do not need a car. Etc.
    So you can save most of your yearly income. I think that a smart young single driver should be able to stash 20k in the bank each year with no trouble at all. What other job can you do this with, and require no education.

To learn more about Central go to the "Central Refrigerated Truck stop" thread, under favorite company's.

bonbonsron Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    thanks chrome dome i followed ur posts and jjranch on central refrigerated truck stop for the past year or so i read the whole thing... im working out of town for the past few years so im not worried about time away from home too much. from what i read it seemed ur time at central was decent?

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I ran OTR with them out of Conley for the first 7 months or so. Great miles and made decent money.
    Then ran Kraft dedicated after that. A few months of running all over the east. Then I was on a dedicated run that was good for 3200 miles per week. Plus kraft was 40 cpm then. So I made good money on that run. Only left Central due to wife wanting me home more. I liked bringing home 1000 bucks a week every week.

10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    yeah for sure thats what im makin right now but im hoping to get on a west coast type of regional run. im out of redding,ca and west coast would be a dream for me

11. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I wouldn't mind west coat either but I HATE that 55 mph in Ca & Or.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.