Central Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Hungarianskier, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Nrock1585

Nrock1585 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Tri cities,WA
    I am scheduled to meet with central on the 17th of this month....My question is they are paying my ticket for bus to go to utah from washington...Is this just a meet and for a sales pitch why they are the best? I seemed to have to pull info from the recruiter..... Also i am 26 and have my cdl class A that i have had since i was 18, unfortunately i was unable to find work due to the insurance requirements of the companies out there at the time, central has said they would do a refreasher for a 1,000 dollars (with a payback over time) are they a good "refresher course" company (in regards to the "contract" i will have to sign and over all trainers)?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilrayray

lilrayray Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2012
    stay away from Central they are a rip off they give u empty promises don't fall into the trap my friend was working for them and he had one accident where he hit a fence and they put it on his dac they don't give you miles i also worked for them i was at a shipper i was going into the hole and i hit the trl they said i would have defensive drivers course i would have a conference call with head of safety and none of that happened and they fired me

4. lilrayray

lilrayray Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Yes you will be rushed and forced to take loads know the time constraints aren't really doable and if you do get a good trainer he will not sleep until he is comfortable with your driving and when u driver solo you are only allowed to drive for 11hrs and must take a 10hr sleeper birth period if i were you i would look into other companies check out convenant transport if you don't minds driving teams or USXpress these are pretty good companies i hope i was helpful

5. petey387

petey387 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Houston TX
    well he hit a fence and you hit a trailer what did you think was going to happen?? any company is going to put that on your DAC your the professional GOAL just because you or your friend did not have a good time at central dosent mean its a bad company. you get what you put in that's also every company they are a great starting company to get your experience and move on. its people like you who are running this profession into the ground. if people weren't so #### lazy and took responsibility the trucking career would be alot better.

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

One persons experience ... Much different than ours ... Not going to say we haven't had rough patches and miscommunication, but you would and will find that everywhere. You will get out of the company what you put into it. Personally, I'm glad we chose Central as our first company... Not sure if we will stay with them forever, but for now they will do...

7. Cobra67y20

Cobra67y20 Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Oviedo, Fl
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.