Central Refrigeration Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by earthbrown, May 27, 2006.

1. rdubill

rdubill Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Orchard Park, New York
    Do they hire in upstate new york?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    I am in Batavia....

K

4. rdubill

rdubill Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Orchard Park, New York
    Small world!!

I'm in Buffalo - would love to meet you and discuss CFI and trucking in general...

5. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    shoot me a pm and I can give you my #. I am really busy when I am home, and need time to spend with the OL. But I would be happy to talk to you quick and give you some pointers.

K

6. weasel

weasel Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2006
    hey Black Knight christner lease is really a good thing? Iv looked into them also! Tina has approved me,and waiting on me.

7. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    I'm going in to interview with Central on Monday, 1/15, listen to their pitch and decide. I'm not gonna sign right away and nothing's carved in stone. I'll keep you folks informed. If I do sign with them, I'll post the whole process. At least I live close and won't have to do the dorm/motel thing like I did with Greyhound. There were actually things I enjoyed about that, but nothing beats going home.

I'm also going in today, 1/12, and listen to the pitch from Sage Driving school. They're supposed to be the best of the best. What makes them attractive is the one on one instruction during the time in the truck instead of three or four other students watching one drive. Private shcool costs $$$ but gives you more choices upon graduation. Central starts paying you after the first two weeks but requires a commitment as usual. School reimbersement also requires a commitment, but not till after you've made your choice.

1/16
    Central's training costs $3k. You repay at $100/mo and the company ponies up $150/mo. No interest, takes 12 months to pay it off. There's worse deals. If I decide to jump, all I have to do is show up on 1/29.

8. V^2

V^2 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006

Did you go through the training in Aladama? How was it? Are you presently driving for Central? How was your experience during the training phase? Is there any advice or information you would impart upon a newbie?

Thnx
    V~

9. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    Bamboo splinters under the fingernails are better than CR England.

Yes, V^2. I'm going to be there bright and early Monday morning to begin orientation. If my bovine dung detector even twitches, I'll walk. If I sign, I'll still have three days to get out of any loan agreement. If I end up hating them as time goes by, I'm fortunate enough to have the capacity to pay them off and walk. I don't really think it's going to come to that but it's nice to know that I can.

The financial obligation is $3000.00. They deduct $100.00/mo and the company ponies up $150.00/mo. There's worse deals.

10. TheWraith

TheWraith Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2006
    Beckley,WV
    No I didn't go through with these guys. I would of had to go to school in AL. Then they were gonna have to send me to Utah for the testing because of some issues with the state of Al. + The fact of having to deal with all of the extra resposibilities of a reefer van. But they do pay the best for training and this was the reason I had first wanted to go with them. I went with USA Truck instead because of some people I had met on Trucker spaces and told of the miles you will get from them + the cents per mile they pay Co. drivers. + They paid me 400 bucks to go to C1 school in Indy and I get a 350 sign on bonus.

11. ipsda

ipsda Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Indiana
    I was wondering about the hometime with Central Refrigerated. How often do you get home (how long are you out). I wanted to compare with the recruiter response.

Also on hometime are you bobtailing home? If not where do you drop the trailer?
    I would appreciate any info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.