Central Triage ...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Now you tell me... I get glad hand seals by the pound... 100 to the bag.
    Coolant, do they have the black bottle Detroit coolant. If you have a DD15 you need the Detroit black or white bottle for the Warrantee... (Per Freightliner)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The stuff at the fuel island in Syracuse is the best I've ever used, way better than -25* peak

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Gotta a love Freightliner/Detroit, if you don't use their coolant you void your warranty. To answer you question, don't know the brand, it's the red stuff. Swift fluids come in a bulk dispenser, you have to supply your own bottle.

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I do 5 to 6 oil analysis a year and have no problem with the oil Swift uses ... I do my changes typically at the TA/Petro and use Rotella or Delo. But I use Swifts oil when I need to add oil, about 1-2 gallons between oil changes.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It's generally better to use the same oil all the time.

Glad you're not having any problems with switching it up from time to time.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Richland, WA
    I ventured in here by accident.

You know the last two times I went to a swift terminal I felt like I was venturing into rival gang territory lmao.

I'm curious to know is there a location code list somewhere? How are we suppose to know terminal codes, is there a formula to the name or are they numbers? Can we get the location code for our shippers and receivers?

Someone mentioned the new system being more efficient because they don't have to deal with waiting on their DM but it seems like every load I have to ask mine for information that was much easier to get before.

8. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    There is a list of all the terminals. Next time that you are at one, just walk up to the dispatch window and ask. That list will have the codes for the terminals and then you can use MAC 24 to get the directions. As far as location code for shippers and receivers, that I am not sure of. I know that we use MAC 23 for directions to them, and that is if they are in the system. I am not sure about your customers.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Richland, WA
    Thank you! Another question or ten...

Last night I was looking at my pay statements, I was suppose to be paid for layover but I don't think I have been, would that show up as MISC PAY or detention or...?

Is their cut off day for having loads show up on current pay checks Wednesday night or...?

When I get advanced more money than is required do they just count that as pay or do they eventually take it back? lol

I realize these are questions you might not have the answer to but I figured I'd ask just in case.

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I will try and do my best. As far as detention it will show up under the load that you were detained and it will say detention. Now the only way that you get the detention, to the best of my knowledge, answer the QC when you are sent a message regarding it, when they are asking for a reason. Give them a real reason, not some off the cuff reply. Cut off, as long as they have the paperwork transflowed in by midnight Wednesday. Now we also have accelerated pay which all drivers qualify for after first starting and it takes effect after you have scanned in 30 loads within a timely matter, and then when you qualify for that, then it is just all load completed by midnight. There is a Macro for finding out if you qualify. As far as advance, if you take one for lets say $100 and only use $75 for company related, that $25 will come off your next settlement.

11. Yossarian

Yossarian Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Richland, WA
    Okay, so I haven't gotten paid for it. I got stuck outside a shipper/receiver for 118 hours because CSR couldn't get their #### together. So I'll be griping about that in the morning!

Should I be fussing at my DM, Payroll, or both lol? I wanna make sure I get to the right people.

As far as opti idle goes... is there any way to get my qualcomm to stop squawking at me while it's on? Aside from turning the volume down. I like to leave it up just in case I get an important message from my DM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.