Cfi

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mover man, Nov 28, 2018.

1. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Im not a new driver but i dont no answer. One of my nephews is going to roadmasters cdl school. They are pushing cfi (yes i no why) What can anyone tell me about CFI as a finishing or training company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Ultratowel works there and maybe will help.
    Roadmaster usually pushes Werner, since Werner owns the school.

4. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    This one is pushing cfi. The one he is going to is in jacksonvolle. They are pushing CFO but they did mention werner. The other school in tampa is pushing werner.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If he's paying for the school out-of-pocket, tell him to look at companies that reimburse cdl school tuition.
    CFI - reimburses school tuition
    Freymiller - reimburses school tuition - www.drive4freymiller - click on "Recent Graduates."

6. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    Chinatown Thank You for the guidance. As a gut 2ho has been around for a while. I would NOT recommend familiar to a family member. But if you have any knowledge of how CFI works as a finishing or training company, that would be great. Since i have neen here since the 90's. I MAY be able to bring him over to my company after 3-6 months, as my protege. We typically don't hire into my

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I haven't read anything negative about CFI, so as far as I know it's an excellent company to get started with.

8. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Cfi has treated me well and I have my been with them 7 months and they just upgraded me in a brand new 2019 kw t680 with only 11 miles. Happy days. I went to Roadmaster in Orlando and had a great experience but yes they did push Werner very hard on us. Best thing I can say is keep doing your research and look for a company that has guaranteed miles. Don't even bother looking at how.much they pay because that will come in time. A high pay is nothing without reliable work. Cfi will pay up to 4,000$ on tuition reimbursement.

9. larryh31

larryh31 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Washington, DC 20032
    I've been with CFI for 4 months. Their finishing program consists of the student driving for 7,500 miles. It's not team style like many of the other big companies, the finisher stays in the passenger seat while the student is driving. Finishers must have a minimum of a year experience, but mine had 10 years experience and over a million miles (5 years or more is average). Afterwards, the student must pass an upgrade test consisting of pre-trip inspection, backing (straight line and 45 degrees), coupling and uncoupling and 30 minutes or so road test. The majority of their trucks are Kenworth T680's with automatics and are 3 tears old or less. I have never had any problems with my pay or getting reimbursed for scales, parking, etc. They have plenty of freight and I have never sat around very long waiting for a load or hunting for an empty. There are other companies that pay a higher cpm. But, overall, CFI is a pretty good company.

10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
  11. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I wish I got reimbursed for my truck school years ago. I payed $2900 for my CDLs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.