1. Chebbydriver7195

Chebbydriver7195 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    They start out sounding like an amazing company full of endless potential but they lie.
    The safety department has zero common sense and even documented issues with equipment are blamed on the driver. They will put the latest safety gadgets on trucks fully knowing of the issues other companies are having.
    (Hammering brakes when sensor sees a shadow, recording a forward collision when nothing is there, setting of following distance violation when nothing is there, forcing truck into neutral if you go over a bump in a dirt lot, lane departure warning going off randomly) and aparantly they will fire you over the g force sensor being poorly hooked up on the truck.

They will send you to truck driving college where you'll get your CDL in 3 weeks. You will then go out with a trainer from 7500-14000miles at .26cpm averaging 2500miles or less each week. Then you get to sit in a motel for three weeks or pay your way home while you wait for your own truck. You will be given an older kenworth and this will be your truck until it's time to trade in. They will then give you the new truck and surprise you with a 2 camera system. Outward and inward facing complete with microphone. You cant resist because you signed a 1yr employment contract. They tell you they will call to talk to you uf there is an issue with the camera system, but they just route you to terminal to fire you 3 days after putting you in the new truck.

dryman and Doggnczy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    So you got fired?

MachoCyclone and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Chebbydriver7195

Feb 24, 2019
    I knew it was coming this morning. Gave me a local load to pick up went to terminal surprise safety wanted to see me.
    They had the footage for both of us to view but angle of the camera cant see anything other then directly in front. So to them I was halfway in the other lane when I didnt even touch the white line (I'll admit I was very close to touching it)
    Next was the "sudden decel" I had JUST unloaded 30K off my trailer and was stopping for a light I could have easily made (started slowing before it went to yellow)
    Finally it was the way my truck was jerking around unhooking from the trailer last night as it set off extended recording like I was involved in a wreck. Tho I proved my Gforce sensor is loose along with radar wiring. It didnt matter.

Need4Speed, Doggnczy and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If they fire you do you still have to pay for your school?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Chebbydriver7195

Feb 24, 2019
    Yeah regardless if I was fired or quit I am responsible for the tuition.

8. Chebbydriver7195

Feb 24, 2019
    Weekend dispatch didnt even tell me to go see weekend safety guy I had to find out when I went to turn in bol to local dispatch

Doggnczy Thanks this.
  9. Rn8806

Rn8806 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Why work for mega carriers ? Go find little mom and pop place and make money and be happy

snowlauncher and Dieselboss81 Thank this.
  10. Chebbydriver7195

Feb 24, 2019
    Very little experience

11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Don't let this get you down !!!!
    ....even though you are still low in experience right now , THIS IS NOT OVER WITH !!!!

the most important thing is that you have a good clean CDL

Yeah , it's a hard starting out for EVERY driver out here but as long as you keep your head screwed on tight - you're going to be alright.

When you get some experience under your belt (2yrs) , you can start researching good companies that are NOT so understanded

Dieselboss81 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.