CH Robinson

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Jasonar15, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Cheap and Heavy, Robinson. As always.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    Yes I would use that rate. I run a reefer I'm not sure what flatbed rates are. If you find a good person to work with you can shoot for the moon they will knock you down. My guy will tell me if I'm low and give me more money. On the other hand he will tell me when I'm nuts. I've already got 50% more than the offered at first not a lot but sometimes.

nax Thanks this.
  4. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Be careful of who you choose as your handler. I had a guy named Creg who was more used car salesman than professional. So, I put them on the shelf.

When they ask "what will it take for you to run this load?" Aim high, never settle for cheap pay and you'll be fine.

whoopNride and spyder7723 Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That rate on dat is a national average, it includes the good lanes and the really bad backhaul markets like phoenix. Every lane will have a different average rate. If you are on a hot lane 2.80 is very cheap. You need to know what the lane rate is going for, not the national average.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    86scotty, Jasonar15 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    With the big brokerage firms you always have to go high. Squeeze every penny you can out of them cause when the market shifts back down they will be squeezing you for every single penny.

Doing_flatbed_nc Thanks this.
  7. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Methinks they are paid on volume / On-time pick/del.

I've gotten more, for a Lane that had paid less before, without me asking.

I've also been handed a "I know you don't like going there, so I negotiated $6/mile for 600 miles. Its yours if you want it"

Some other brokers are taken aback, when they try to rate CHR down, then I tell them what I run for, under CHR loads. Some of them are former CHR agents.

8. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    You get a good relationship with them, and they will treat you pretty good. That was my experience, I dealt with one guy over there, and after a few months we were best buds. He gave me good rates, and I did the job. And not $1 a mile either, $2.50+, but that was a few years ago. Make a contact there, and call often. Unless things have changed, I did pretty good with them, but it took awhile.

RSB34 and jbatmick Thank this.
  9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Keep talking.....This steers more people away from them to leave me the good stuff. I haven't hauled over 20k for them. I choose the loads. People who accept cheap and heavy get what they deserve. :D

nax and RSB34 Thank this.
  10. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I agree. I HATE CHR with a passion.

No one should ever pull a load from them. EVER!!

86scotty and taodnt Thank this.
  11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Haul Chr all you want. But if you haul for them exclusively to get in their top tier status you need your head examined.

DUNE-T, TallJoe and spyder7723 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.