Ch Robinson

Discussion in 'CH Robinson' started by Carolina_Beaver_Teaser, May 27, 2007.

1. P The Fat Trucker

P The Fat Trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2009
    youngmansoupie, japan
    (Removed by Moderator. This kin of post is frowned upon here...)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lazow1md

lazow1md Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Anyone have any recent CH stories? Any good loads/rates? Any bad loads/rates?

4. Downwind

Downwind Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Elgin, Illinois
    I'm considering becoming an O/O, leaving my local driving job and, hitting the highway. After a considerable amount of research, it seems to me that CH Robinson probably offers the best opportunity to keep the wheels rolling. Would appreciate any info that might exist regarding an average $ / mile I might expect from CH Robinson.

5. P The Fat Trucker

P The Fat Trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2009
    youngmansoupie, japan
    you will have to figure what it cost you to run your truck per mileand go from there, als i have done the best with the norfolk office, talk to bruce there he is the most sensible one there. his branch takes care of us drivers the best i found. good luck stay safeout there

6. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    CHR ain't the only game out there with the quick pay, so all you guys thinking you can make it on CHR freight are in for a big surprise!! I'm finding that by using CHR less as possible is more profitable as other brokers do tend to pay more. Although their freight board by far has more loads, their rates are definitely lower than other sources. We have found by checking our other sources first,we can find better rates. Although my trucks have done over 350K with CHR, those same loads would have probably brought in over 400K had we been more diligent in checking rates through other sources. CHR's website is excellent and kinda spoils a dispatcher from REALLY trying to find the best paying load. Even I sometimes forget to check my other boards when i'm trying to find a load quickly. Don't expect much from the northeast out of them,sometimes you'll be lucky to see $350 on a 500 mile run out of PA

Big Duker Thanks this.
  7. elpuft

elpuft Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Buckeye, AZ
    With All This In Mind, Do CHR Pay Fuel Surcharge Or Do They Add It To The Pay Per Mile Avg ? And Has Anybody Worked With The Maryland And Delaware Offices Before.

8. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    Ch doesnt really pay per mile, they offer you a flat rate and the broker is smart enough to have done the math to be able to tell you what it works out to per mile. Sometimes, if you have a good score with them, the broker likes you and they really need to move the frieght (which you can usually tell by the pickup time "its ready now" and the delivery time "how soon can you be there") you can beat them up on the price. Sometimes they tell you that this is what its paying and "there are a hundred trucks in the same area sitting so if you want it you better tell me now". Never once seen any rate confirmations that had a fuel surcharge on it unless we asked them to break one out of the rate and list it on the confirmation, which we did when we were signed on with UACL just so they wouldnt get as much when they took their percentage from the linehaul rate.

9. fidelamaya26

fidelamaya26 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Carrollton,TX
    Well ive been driving over the road for ten years now, 8 of them with CHR. and well they have been pretty good until 2 years ago, their rates have started to go considerably down. 4 years ago, a load going 4rm Dallas, Texas area to the LA, CA area would go for around 2750. and 3000 coming back. Last year it would go for about 1800 for Texas to California and 2350 coming back it wasn't half bad. but now, A load from Texas, is going for 950-1000 and coming back they wanna pay 1500. thats ridiculous. With diesel prices as high as they are, it takes 1700 for diesel the round trip. that only leaves a profit of around 800. you can mostly make three trips per month. so thats 2400 a month, from that i have to pay:
    Mortgage:960
    Truck Payment:500
    Insurance:660
    Cable:115
    Car Insurance:210
    Car Payment:750
    Food:300
    and 250 for other expenses.
    As you can see that puts me in a deficit. Ch. Robinson seems to be paying low and doesnt want to pay more at least .90 per mile. I recently called to negotiate a load and when i asked to get at least 1.oo per mile, the dispatcher just laughed and said they hadnt payed a 1.oo per mile in over a year and she wasnt going to start now. its a shame though because i have spoken to three different Branches (in Texas) and they all say that 1000 is enough to cover diesel and other cost. I hope that start getting better brokers here in Texas because i recently did a load in Minessota and they paid 1500 to Dallas. it was ok and a load from sacramento to Minnessota they paid, 2300. I noticed that it was only dallas and California that dont want to pay up. I recently found another broker and theyre paid 1000 from Dallas, TX to Henderson, CO.

PS: Many of you have said that Ch Robinson Hire People with college degrees. Let me tell you something, just because you have a fancy college degree doesnt mean you a single thing about what being a trucker means. That degree doesnt give you the power to tell me that 1000 covers diesel and other cost. Ch Robinson Brokers now are just in it to make a good pay. I know because a friend of mine used to work for CHR and he told me that the dispatchers were able to pay more but they just wanted to pay more and they weren't going to make 100 when they could make 300-500. I hope in the future they can start paying a little better because as for appointments, i have had few problems in the 8 years ive been with them.

Brendaroni Thanks this.
  10. Millisjcw

Millisjcw Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Gary,Indiana
    They are the worst, i know a guy who always has trouble being paid...they dont pay nothing hardly and they never close out his loads.

11. Jazzman

Jazzman Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2004
    This is the cavalier attitude that drivers must deal with on a daily basis in order to get freight and make money. No one ever takes blame and they all are relying on the driver to be stupid and make them money. ChRBroker32, CHR is not the Wal Mart of Transportation Industry, they are the "Captains of Cheap Shippers". Their freight is mostly freight that the bigger companies will not bid for. Short on miles and usually heavy or odd freight that no one else will take. They provide virtually no support to the driver unless you are running late then you get this educated guy calling you with bull$hit. Never been out on the road and don't care about the conditions. CHR is one of the main reasons trucking is such an unrewarding job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.