Chain Binders which are better?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Rodneyna217, Oct 7, 2017.

1. norb5150

norb5150 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2011
    erie, pa
    That is why you buy frangible rounds (hollow point) for defense. People don't understand the they think it just ruthless to use hollow point defense ammo. The expansion of a hollow point is to increase the force applied and to decrease travel through and out of the subject.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Every time I throw a chain I make sure the links are lined up. When using a ratchet binder it's almost a must. But it is true, a twisted chain has the potential to twist and loosen.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Every hand gun i own is loaded with hollow points. But in close range there is still the worry of penetration with the bigger guns. This is why in a home invasion scenario I'm grabbing my 380 not my 40, 45 or 44. Or heck even my 9. Plus, god forbid you miss the target, the larger rounds are going right through that interior wall and striking whomever is on the other side.

And the fact is, none of us will be having trained hardened combat men entering our homes. We need to be prepared to defend ourselves against the wannabe criminals looking to steal our tvs, jewerly and stereos. A small caliber works just fine against that sort.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and TripleSix Thank this.
  5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    image.jpeg
    I have the same concerns. There are alternatives. One of them I am looking at are rubber slugs for the 12 gauge. Will not penetrate the walls. HOWEVER, at close range, they have known to be lethal. Win-Win.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I looked at(and almost bought) a small revolver called the home defender. You could load it with 410 shells. A 410 is definately not strong enough to drop anything bigger than a duck at range. But in the point blank ranges inside a home? Fairly certain it would get the job done.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell

Bought this gun for the home. Mainly for when I am not here. Holds 5 rounds. Was thinking of loading 2 rubber slugs up front and the real deal behind them.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and spyder7723 Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    When you shoot somebody you shoot to kill. There's been many lawsuits against people who intentionally maimed intruders instead of killing them. Then you have their word against theirs instead of yours alone.

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Down here in florida i don't have that worry about lawsuits. And while i agree with the shooting to kill statement, there is going to always be the worry of penetration an interior wall and hitting one of my kids or wife. Id rather lean towards smaller calibers inside the home for that reason.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  10. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    IMG_3494.JPG

Lol, Great minds think a like....? Shot shells can do enough damage to give you the upper hand no doubt.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  11. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Stood and watched law enforcement work on a young lady with a .40 through her chest. She was maybe 125lbs. The next day I looked for the bullet, entered the wall behind the bedroom door and out the other side into the bathroom and into the vanity, it was somewhere in the wall behind the vanity, I never did find it. The light splatter of blood and body tissue on the white wall is still etched in my mind. Some call me to cautious, but we all have our own experiences.

TripleSix and spyder7723 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.