Chain Laws

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Passin Thru, Sep 9, 2008.

1. castlerock

castlerock Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Washington the 49 off I5
    Wa. and Or. both are nov.1, Or. 4 on tractor 2 drags. Wa. is now 6 on tractor and 1 drag

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co

I hate to chain up in mud, I've had to do it twice, next time I'll refuse the load

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    No, I don't believe that is right
    only between particular mile markers of I-70
    I'm right, see linkage from co-dot

http://www.dot.state.co.us/truckpermits/Restrictions-Reminders.htm

As a reminder, the I-70 Chain Law (Dotsero-MP 133 to Morrison-MP 259) is in effect through May 31st.
    CHAIN LAW
    (Effective September 1, 2008 – May 31, 2009)
    A few changes have been made to Colorado’s chain law in recent months in hopes of improving travel along the I-70 corridor and throughout Colorado. First, all commercial vehicles operating on I-70 between Dotsero (milepost 133) and Golden (milepost 259) between September 1st to May 31st must carry sufficient chains to be in compliance with the Colorado chain law.

Those that do not comply with Colorado’s chain law will now have to pay a more substantial fine. The fine for not carrying chains between mileposts 133 and 259 on the I-70 corridor during the specified time season is $50 plus a surcharge. The fine for not chaining up when the chain law is in effect is $500 with a surcharge. The fine for not chaining up and subsequently blocking the highway is $1,000 plus a surcharge. The former penalty for failing to chain up was a $100 fine and $15.60 surcharge, and $500 and $78 when failure to comply results in a highway lane closure.

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Hate to disagree with you, but WA does only require the same as OR and CA..."modified max" single on each set of wheels, or four chains for the drives.

A couple weeks ago saw a Swifty putting cables on the steers to help the "steering traction"....I did really need the laugh that day!:biggrin_25514:

6. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Whats wrong with puttin a chain or cable on a steer? Back in my oilfield days, big trucks put one on all the time when it was really sloppy and muddy. Whats the difference here?

7. Tincupandhawkspotter

Tincupandhawkspotter Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    First off AFTERSHOCK you are way out of line IMO......... let me lay it out for you just in case you think I'm wrong.
    Lil Bit asked a specific question about chains. And while she was given an answer she thought wasn't straight (my thoughts on this are below), she doesn't deserve to be bashed and belittled. You sir are a rude and inconsiderate fool.
    You stated that basically there was no reason for others to do the leg work. And though I agree to some point that we should all do what we can by ourselves, sometimes it is easier for someone to help out and be done with it. That said, I find your comments totally rude. First of all Lil Bit is not a trucker from what I get from her post. She stated that "Hubby will have to get more chains"......... This tells me she's not the one on the road, therefore asking a question that most "non" drivers would know nothing about in order to keep her Husband out of trouble. And to this you said and I quote "It's so simple, even a cavewoman could do it Although, maybe the caveMAN should." WTF?????????? are you so stupid as to not realize she 1 , isn't a driver, and 2 That she is a female? She doesn't deserve this treatment, from anyone.. AND ESPECIALLY FROM A FORUM SUPPORTER!!!!!!! I am new here, and at the same time I am a member of over 15 forums online. In any of those you would have been reprimanded for those sexist remarks. I abhor the thought of calling you a fellow driver.
    Now the easy way to handle this would have been to tell her that her husband would be covered on all bases if he carried the chains required for California. While you , roadmedic, and I all know that this is just the basic info, this would have answered her question succinctly. You should be ashamed to take someone who knows no better and bash them. And honestly I would be offended if you didn't offer her an apology.
    Now, on to the answer : Roadmedic.........your answer to Lil Bit was a bit short. The follow up about why to google it was a good answer, however I believe it would have softened the blow if it had been in the original answer you gave her. While we all are on here for information sometimes the info given is in a manner that comes off as rude, or worse and I'm sure this wasn't your intent. And while you and I know we could just hop on the internet and find most any answer we are looking for we must keep this in perspective: She did get on the internet and try to find an answer to her question..................only she came here instead of google............ I personally am glad she did, because within the pages of this forum, if you look, or ask long enough you will find what you are looking for.
    So, in closing, Lil Bit, I apologize for the treatment you unjustly received, and Aftershock............. time to grow the hell up and stop being and thinking as a Caveman................ much like your attitude toward us women in this industry, your status here should change........IMO and I will be glad to bring it to the attention of the Mods if need be.
    Sorry it was so long winded, but it needed said...........
    Be safe out there all, night
    Hawkspotter

8. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Hawk - not sure if you know how to do this or not. But Go up to above your post, to the previous poster - Joetro.

Above his picture is a date. That date tells you the last time someone replied to this. In this case, the last reply, previous to yours was September 18, 2008. Meaning, you are replying to something that has pretty much been closed for the past 18 months.

Just an FYI.

9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    WoaH ThaR!
    I think I detect some hostilities.
    Should I go on the defensive?
    Let me guess, ........... you think I did those things?
    Who are you, Tincup or Hawkspotter?
    Or are y'all one and the same?
    Either way, or both ways if that's the case, I respect your opinion. You're entitled to yours just as I am to mine. And speaking of my opinion(s), can y'all imagine what mine are right about now?
    HaiL!
    Others might even agree with your opinion. For that matter, even I might agree. But that depends on you.

To be more accurate, that may be how you read it, but it wasn't how I wrote it or intended for it to be read.
    I'm more inclined to go with the best help, how ever it's obtained.
    Well ShuX HowdY!
    Seein' as how we're bein' bluntly honest here, I find your comments about my comments to be totally ignorant.

Man-0-Man, I sure feel better now that that's off my chest.
    I don't know what-all you get or got from Lilbit's post, but I think there's something you aren't tellin' yourself that might change your reflection.
    So if one of y'all would pass on some information to whomever you aren't at the moment, I'd appreciate it.

Lilbit and I have known each other here at TTR for years.
    I think she knows me better than to think I was "bashing" or "belittling" her.
    Maybe she'll log on to continue reading this thread, and you could just ask her if she was offended by my remarks. If you're correct, and Lilbit was offended, I won't hesitate to explain and apologize. However, if you're blowin' this all out of proportion, I would expect to read your apology.
    Deal
    or
    No deal?
    YeaH, I say that from time to time.
    I got in the habit from watchin' that car insurance commercial on TV featuring those caveman dudes.
    Those commercials crack me up.
    Now, I kinda like Flo.
    But, I probably wouldn't buy their insurance because I qualify for better coverage for waayyy less premium cost. But I appreciate that their commercials are entertaining.
    Watch your mouth.
    I don't condone using foul language.
    And being a woman, when you use foul language for no good reason like that, you come across as trashy.
    I believe I covered that subject already.
    Now who looks the fool?
    "Stupid is as "stupid" does.
    She doesn't deserve it and she' not receiving it.
    I know.
    But you're already gettin'old.
    WoW!
    You really get around.
    Are you as judgmental and quick to anger at imaginary problems at the other 14 sites as you are here?
    Calm down.
    You're gonna get high blood pressure, --- and that could cause hemorrhoids, or sumthin. Then your eyes start bulgin' out of your head and the veins on your forehead get real big.
    It ain't purdy.
    People sometimes do misread my posts, but nowhere near the extent you have here.
    Let me see if I have this straight, ....... I would have been reprimanded for somethin' I didn't do, yet they'd be okay with your false accusations?
    #####!

That makes me appreciate Wise One and his excellent staff even more.
    Sounds like you frequent the bottom-feeder websites.

I only haunt one other Big truck truckin' related website and one NASACR related website. And in over 10 years and thousands of posts, I've been "reprimanded" once.
    ThanX, --- I appreciate that.
    I'd be embarrassed if anyone thought we were on the same wave-length.
    As far as "thought" goes on your part, it seems you don't put in a lot of that prior to runnin' off at the mouth. Foot-in-mouth disease?
    There you go with that "easy" way again. The best isn't always the "easiest".
    You must be lazy, ......... besides being arrogant and condescending.

If you're really into "the easy way", keep your anger in check and MYOB. So easy, even a caveman could do it.
    YeaH RoamMedic, you waskle you.
    I'm AfterShocked.
    You should be required to write a dissertation on the merits of succinctly.
    Yet you get away with "bashing"?
    You've "bashed" me several times in this thread. Do you sling a double-edge sword?
    If you want to get-down-dirty --- roll in the mud, no holds barred,.....
    I'm your huckleberry.
    But I suspect you'd cry and whine and make accusations of "sexist remarks".

By the way, ...... and this has nothing to do with our conversation, just curiosity on my part makin' me wonder if you're a blond?
    Would it surprise you to know I don't care?
    Honestly.
    According to our new resident know-it-all who craves a spotlight and power to lord over others.
    Sweet cheeses, RM --- how many times have we told you the same thing?
    We want full report, -- in triplicate, on our desks in the morning, first thang.
    The "blow"?!
    What "blow"?
    Did I miss somethin'?
    Wrongo!
    Not "ALL" of us are here for information. I'm just here for the entertainment value, ..... something your information lacks, .... value. But I will admit, it still contains some entertainment value.
    Is that your "intent"?
    If so, you're on a roll
    *YawN*
    HeY RM, ..... I think she's sweet on you.
    Best keep it in perspective though
    Really?
    Anyone know how to silence a pesky poster who's so full of them self that they start tryin' to run other people's lives?
    Finally, she who preaches "succinctly" draws a closing to her self-centered rant
    Uhhhhh, don't look now but, it's YOU who should be apologizing.
    No!
    No!
    It's not "Aftershock."
    Try to pay attention and get it right.
    It's AfterShock. Shakey AfterShock.
    You're gettin' sloppy.
    So, you're not Tincup?
    What's Tincup like?
    Is Tincup a guy?
    How can we tell Tincup from Hawkspotter?
    Are either of you on meds?
    Is Tincup an alter-ego?
    Why are you so anxious to defend Lilbit from me,
    the Baaddd Man -------> :naka:? :laughing-guffaw:

lonewolf4ad Thanks this.
  10. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Heh, I forgot I was subscribed to this thread. Glad I was so I could catch this.

How you been, AfterShock, you old pontificating dogmatist, you!? Haven't seen you in awhile. :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.