CHAINING...are you ready?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by otherhalftw, Oct 22, 2011.

1. storm rider

storm rider Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    i know none of you are going to believe this one but it is true and then im going to ask a stupid ? but it is the only way to learn , right ?
    i ve been driving for 15 yrs and not once have i had to chain up , in cal , org , nor in wa so i have never learned . where do i go to learn ? can i do this on line ? i just got this gut feeling , im going to have to this winter .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. storm rider

storm rider Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    sorry guy s i should of looked first . i found what i was looking for . thanks anyway .

4. Ruges

Ruges Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2010
    InMyTruck, USA
    @storm rider
    If you gota chain up, chances are theres a whole other line of guys chaining up too. Just go up to one that is puting his chains on and let him know you will give him a hand puting his chains on if he shows you how to put them on.

alds Thanks this.
  5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Summer's over in WY....Running E/B on 80 past Little America....Two 4-wheelers spun out....Two E/B rigs....One off on the shoulder...The other facing W/B.....

Driver coming up to the wrong way rig was cussing him out on the radio.....Telling him he'd better get the #### out of "his way" or he wasn't going to stop.....

Note to all you so called "experts"....What's the point of cussing out a driver who screwed up?

What's done is done...How about helping the driver out?

6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Me too, I`ll look out the window, at home, and drink my Starbucks. :biggrin_2559:

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    There was a good lake effect storm blowing southeast off of Lake Erie Friday night across I90 and I80... got down into central PA, also more to the east up around the Buffalo area too. Yea! Its cold n' snow!

8. reptij

reptij Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah that kind of came out of nowhere up here, at least it took our local weatherman by surprise...lol Only got about an inch where I am from it.

9. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Smartazzhat......:biggrin_25525:

Aren't close to retiring by now anyway?.....

10. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    A little rough today W/B just E/O Evanston.....##### trailer wanted to go tail first a couple times.....I hate light loads in winter......:biggrin_2551:

otherhalftw and corneileous Thank this.
  11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Hunker down...'thars a big un coming....scratch that....a big one playing on Donner right now...headed due East...so SLC will be looking for the white stuff late tomorrow evening.:yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.