Chalk Mountain

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Oilfieldmike, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Posting on Craigslist with up to 100,000 plus bonuses hauling water or sand

Anyone working for them or know anyone working for them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    I can tell you they were offering a high hourly salary which had me seriously considering appying, but then I realized the catch.

They have a 5-2 followed by a 5-3 work schedule which means you work a 48 hr. week alternating with a 60hr. week really limiting your overtime.

4. Oilfieldmike

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Have to be a really high hourly to get to $100,000

5. Rodeorowdy

Rodeorowdy Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Anchorage, AK.
    As usual, they (HR/hiring team ect.) tell you what you wanna hear but seldom are they proved to be correct.

I did the math, and the salary at Chalk Mountain would've been less than $6.7K a month.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. Oilfieldmike

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Noone who works there has chimed in.. can either mean there is no problems or those that work there are too busy to post here.

Wonder what the bonus are and if they make up the other part of the monthly earnings to equal $100K

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    I used to load out at Chalk Mountain yards in San Angelo, Pleasanton, and Refurio and there wasn't anyone making $100k a year there even during the boom, Back then they only had one customer (EOG) and they were pretty cheap. As i recall they only paid $15/hr back then and i'm not sure if they got OT. The only good thing about that gig was you slept in your own bed every nite.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    It seems to me that the inflated earnings are coming form ridiculous hours.

I got this from another company out there...I can't see how that's legal, but I'm new to this racket...
    The position available in Hobbs, NM offers 15/hr for new drivers. 90-115 hours weekly. After 9 months, you get your first raise. Full benefits, Housing Assistance, 401k, Per Diem. Also, this is a debt free company which means we do not do layoffs.​

Oldironfan and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I've been eyeing this company and a few other, CL postings in relation to the oilfield. It's either "trust your gut". Or do intensive detective work and use the facts(little-to-no reviews on Yelp, Indeed,.etc with poor spelling and grammar usage sprinkled throughout, no less.) to come to your own viable conclusion.
    It's either taking the dive into the unknown with one of these places. Or just jump onto the lesser paying, but more predictable outfits like First Fleet or O'Reilly's that I put into.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. Draginwagen

Draginwagen Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2017
    All I can say about Chalk Mountain is be Very Aware of the Company Policy Hand Book. Dont just sign it AND NOT READ WHAT YOU ARE AGREEING TOO. Read carefully its for the Company Best interest "NOT YOURS" read the Graylines they are there so that the company can make changes to their benefit. You will hear this alot from management FAILURE CAN AND WILL LEAD TO WRITE UP, SEPERATION, TERMIMATION of Emplyment. You will have your pay deducted for damages you didn't do. Even if you Reported it to Dispatch and sent pictures on the pre-trip. Lol then You're in the Thousand Dollar Club. Not to mention all the crazy rules. They can change at anytime. Yeah they will pay from 18 up too 28 an hour but money not everything here. Sure Recruiting will tell you what you want to hear but becarefull here. Not all the yards are ran the same. There's Wolves Here.

11. Utah Ditch

Utah Ditch Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I saw their ad on indeed, been trying to investigate them also, I’ve come to the conclusion that 100,000 includes per diem and benefits 401k etc, not your actual gross,

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.