Challenger Motor Freight?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Mar 3, 2018.

1. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    A man with a plan , nice to see nowadays.. PS even if your out long term always keep your medical up to date that way you have back up if mechanics don’t suit you..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Class 1 and Heavy Duty/Diesel Mechanics Red Seal is a deadly combo. One of my Trainers and best buddies form Bison has that combo. He drove, did mechanics, drove for another few years, now he runs a Freightliner Dealership Service Department (Foreman) and makes 250K a year. (He does all the Valvesets/Head Rebuilds, CVIP'S and the Road Test Diagnostics).

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  4. Mrclassikh

Mrclassikh Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2019
    will do and yeah i'm in the GTA so will probably follow in your steps stick it through with challenger for the year then find my way into a different company

5. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Yeah most definitely, driving I love driving but there is never going to be an end to fixing trucks. Renewed my license last year, got about 3 years before my medical is due again. Thanks for the feedback.
    Oh yeah my buddy works for TTC fixing busses, did a 3 year apprenticeship with them and is now making $100,000 a year. I figured why not go for it while I still have no family or wife, don't want to be stuck in an industry with no plan B. It'll be good to be able to switch back and forth at any time, kind of goes hand in hand with each other.

Phantom Trucker and magoo68 Thank this.
  6. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Good luck, I would focus on getting your red seal, and getting into a dealership. The "performance and drive-ability" guys who have a class one, are always working and making top dollar. Being a driver in Canada, that is able to be above the poverty line is coming to an end IMHO, so focus on the trade. I'm lucky that i'm with an O/O only LTL company now. The last 2 places I worked, the company drivers are doing less than 50K now, and the O/O's can only afford old used Bison trucks to keep going the rates are so low.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.