CHAnging contractors

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by canviskiller, Oct 17, 2017.

1. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    talked to a guy today that mentioned he has switched contractors 10 times in 3 years and I was wondering.....is that considered 10 different jobs on paper??? If he went to another LTL company do they consider that 10 different jobs? If so that’s some job hopping! Lol

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I would imagine so. But then again, it could be listed as one employer. Not quite sure how Fed Ex Ground contractors work, but if you did that with Mail Contractors, that would be listed as 10 different jobs.

4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Probably all 1099, so nobody cares

5. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    Pretty sure 1099 isn’t allowed.

I don’t think these guys are realizing that they’re technically working at 10 different jobs lol I know most companies don’t care but it still looks bad.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Yep. I think the only part of Fed Ex that's 1099 is the so called "Independent Contractor" scam that they had going on with the package delivery drivers. They had to pay out $227 million.

And yeah, it does look bad. I think most reputable companies wouldn't even bother with someone who had 10 different jobs in 3 years. That shows a pattern of unreliability.

7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    Yeah each job has to be verified under that company’s name. Not Fedex. He can keep going within fedex but going away from ground to another job he’s screwed.

8. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    When I left FxG I listed FedEx Ground as my employer, didn't even mention the contractor BS. Used the 1-800-GO-FEDEX number and the corporate address and didn't have any issues.
    Maybe Fedex directed the company to my contractor but I doubt it because he didn't say anything to me about it. (the reason I used FxG and not his name)
    FxG handles all driver applications, verifications, background checks, etc... so why wouldn't they verify your employment too?

canviskiller Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.