Charles Kendall CB Shop

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Guitarjr, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Guitarjr

Guitarjr Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Do any of you old truckers remember Charles Kendall cb shop just north of Lufkin Tx on hwy 59??? If you do your are too old to be driving and need to pull over and park it!!! :)

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I remember A cb shop in Lufkin. I don't remember the name.

4. Guitarjr

Guitarjr Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Thanks for the response rabbiporkchop. I was beginning to think that I was being snubbed on this forum:mad: Yeah his shop was about a mile north outside the loop on the southbound side on hwy 59. That was long ago in a galaxy far far away:) All the old time truckers knew this guy way back when. Prolly passed away by now. I just wanted to see if anybody remembered him. Have a safe day out there on the blacktop!!!

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    My ex wife is from Lufkin. That's when I stumbled across the place.

6. Guitarjr

Guitarjr Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Cool. I moved up there and was there about there a year or so. I had a best friend had moved up there when he was a kid and I went to spend a couple weeks up there in the summer. Had some fun times. I discovered his shop one day and popped in and he had a side room filled with vintage tube amps and old radios. We got to be friends and he would let me dig thru his old gear. I had a golden eagle base station running about 2k and when I dropped the hammer the whole county went deaf;) They won’t ever forget the old midnight rider up that way for sure

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.