Chassis Tires?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by MSS, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MSS

MSS Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Hagerstown,MD
    Getting ready to lease on to Land Transportation in Chambersburg. Let me see if I have this straight, I have to pay for the tires on the chassis if it blows out on the road? So if the newbie that had it before I did rubbed every curb but his own butt and I have that chassis after he does im going to be responsible if that tire blows out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I would not touch that lease with a 10' pole. Tires blow all the time, if it's your fault, that's one thing, but since they are junk to begin with, you could loose your shirt. Given your example, yep, you could be buying that tire. I would triple check the air pressure in every chassis tire before I left with it, document every bit of damage (flat spots, curb checks, weather checking, etc.) I would photograph everything and keep a record of it, this way when your settlement check comes, minus the cost of tires, you can look at the pretty pictures.

The policies anymore of the rails and chassis pools, the carrier is buying tires and praying to God, Allah, or the deity of their choice, that they get reimbursed for it, eventually.

browndawg and MSS Thank this.
  4. RunFlat

RunFlat Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Check your tires and you'll be fine. Get a gauge and hose, and make sure everything matches, if one tires 45psi and the one next to its 80, air it up, I'm guessing the company only charges you for runflats. Tires blow, caps blow off, as long as you pre trip you'll be fine.

RERM and MSS Thank this.
  5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    85psi!!!!!!pre trip!!!!!

RunFlat Thanks this.
  6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    hehehe transnoble pays for blown tires or I distract the inspectors at the rails so they forget to check tires!!!

7. RunFlat

RunFlat Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    That's where you want to be, haha I been pulling these things since late July, haven't had a tire issue yet. I pull them Crowley and seaboard containers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.