Cheap cell + plan for a relative

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by IluvCATS, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Cspire if it available in your area. They have a talk only plan.

$25 a month if you choose bank draft option. You’ll have to pay the first payment at store. Then the second manually either online or at store. It takes 2 months for the auto to start pulling from your account. You’ll also need to buy a phone.

I flipped my moms phone to them after ATT tried to screw me over.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    It’s 2019.
    Buy him a normal phone.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    It’s 2019? Really now?

I’ll take a 1963 4 door Impala with a slant 6 and 3 speed on the column over a POS 2019 Tesla any day. Or any new car.

They still make and sell TALK only phones and plans in 2019. For a good reason ;)

5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    How about $6 or $16. You only pay for what you use they run on Sprint and maybe ATT. Ting Rates - Only pay for what you use. Use less? Pay less.

Straight Talk is $30 for 1500 minutes or unlimited for $35 they run on every network. You can bring your own phone and get SIM card for any network you want from Straight Talk or buy one of their phone

6. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    When did Chevy make a slant six? Asking for a friend!

7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Straighttalk, tracfone, any prepaid phone. Cricket, etc.

Of course there is always Walmart, but...Walgreens, CVS, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Kmart, and many other places you probably see day in an day out have the "Cheap" phones. Can easily find a flip phone for low price, an the plans normally aren't to bad.

On Tracfone...I've been using them off an on for who knows how many years. They've been around forever an they are not designed for the person who has to be on their phone 24/7. Their designed for the person who uses it when they have or need to. Hence the "weird" plans. Yes they go by minutes if I recall properly. Depending on the person the minutes can last for a short time or long...it's up to the user.

Just cause Joe bob there talks on his phone every chance he gets doesn't mean Billy Joe over there does. When I had my last one, I think I had a 400 minute plan. It lasted me most of the month. Then again I didn't use it for email, browsing the internet, when I was bored, for games, etc. I used it for...calling when I needed it or someone needed to reach me an I needed to be reachable. Not to mention it's available in the majority of stores, and they have a lot of towers.

I no longer use them now though. As I did eventually need to be able to do email, an other things through my phone. In my experience though...it worked for what I needed it to work as...a phone. An I'd use them again if I had to. Screw the big companies. Great if others like them but I don't. Just not for me.

As always...YMMV.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Reach out an touch someone.......with a bat.

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    So you only own vehicles that have point ignitions?

pmdriver and SteerTire Thank this.
  9. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Dollar General sells phones that you can buy 40$ a Mo. phone cards at W/mart that cost 20 to 30$ for the phone?

blairandgretchen and IluvCATS Thank this.
  10. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Nope, didn’t say that. And neither did the OP.

I do own devices that are internet capable, that have NEVER been connected. The data those devices contain are of no importance to anyone but me.

There are still things in this world worth protecting.

11. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I don’t know that they ever did. Does your friend have interest in buying one? Asking for a friend.

Milr72 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.