Cheapest Brokers?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by revelation1911, Jan 31, 2012.

1. MB_Guru

MB_Guru Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    Robart Trans out of Dulluth GA has offered this load from San Antonio TX to Allentown PA for $2200 for 1761 loaded miles I said $3200 he said to far appart and hung up the phone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MB_Guru

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    Any idea about these guys out of Austin TX called Austin Frt. Here is one of their, below contract market rate, load listed to go to NJ downtow.

Attached Files:

4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    What source are you using for contract rate?

5. newly crusin

newly crusin Medium Load Member

problem is, that when these brokerage offices can't find anyone to haul their cheap freight...
    they call their regular carriers , pay them more to move it rather than post it via internet

crusin

6. MB_Guru

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    Wach out with them they have some thing like recouse of the freight payment if they do not collect from the shipper, even if you do quick pay. Why do they want to make all that big bucks if they do not share the risk.

7. MB_Guru

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    I called yesterday to freight quote.com ( Bobby answered, Josh ext 1902 listed) Plainfield IN to W Palm Beach FL 1147miles they had listed for $2100 I asked $2600 he said don't even have in it, and then the load disappeared from the load board. Today they have this load listed at $1850 so that under no circumstances one can afford to book this load right of off their load board. Some one may have called them to act in this fashion??? You will think!

8. twinturbotrans

twinturbotrans Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2008
    NW
    Sometimes on Fridays towards the end of my work week and when I have some free time and had few beers heres what I like to do with Cheapest Brokers...I usually act like I am the cheapest bottom feeder out there for example they offer me a load from NJ back to OR roughly 2900miles for $3500 so I tell them WOW thats so much money can I do it for $3000 so you can make money too they agree and send me rate info...and so I do this with 5 more brokers like that...then I go and have couple more beers and turn my phone off...Then come monday morning ofcourse my voicemail is full and everybody wants to know why I couldn't pick up their shieety loads well I tell them that I lost my wheels off the truck/trailer cause i haven't serviced my equipment since 1975 lol...or sometimes I tell them that my driver won't go pickup the load until I pay for his lunch cause he hasn't eaten anything for 2 days...More than half of these so called brokers and carriers need to be retrained in this trucking industry you'd be surprised how many brokers don't even know what is an average fuel consumption for a semi and thanks to these brokers, shippers and produce buyers are turning same way...I remember back in 1998 we did cherry loads for same money as we doing in 2012 except back in 1998 fuel was twice as cheaper...i hate competing with these effin brokers but what kills me is that carriers lowered their standards to an all time low

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  9. MB_Guru

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    USA Truck
    They have posted a load to NC today from OH for $900. Marketed @ atleast $1250 I asked Michelle why so low, she said "thats what it pays" Please see attached
    That lane is very hilly and no real short cut the actual milage shown to me was 530 the listing says 497

10. luddybuddy

luddybuddy Light Load Member

May 11, 2010
    Pittsburgh Pa
  11. MB_Guru

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    TQL ext 3929 Jim said $2200 for Tampa FL about 1000 miles . Contract rate calls for $2330 and Market rate shows about $2650 with amount loads avail and trucks in the area.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.