Cheapest Brokers?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by revelation1911, Jan 31, 2012.

1. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Jeezus. That's ballsy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    XPO is actually the worst and least trustworthy of the whole lot there. Them posting it highest doesn't change that fact.

4. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    What makes XPO the least trustworthy? We hadn’t hauled for them. Do they switch up last minute and cancel loads or?

5. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I've had all sorts of shenanigans and games on loads from them over the years. The most recent one they screwed me out of $104 lumper fee. I didn't catch the small print on the rate con and they got me on that one. It was completely bogus though and just a nice little way to not cover a lumper fee. I had another one that one time begged me to run some steady loads for him. I agreed and he had a good competitive rate from me this was during the starving years of 2015-2016. I already had the return loads set up and before I hauled the first of this agents load he asked me to lower my rate or it wasn't going to work.

So I basically said F you and scrambled to recover so I could meet my obligation on those backhaul loads. I could go on and on and on. They're the worst brokerage out here from my view. The ones out of the 678 and 770 area code are snarky jerks. The ones with the Charlotte area code are not so snarky but just about as useless. Don't waste your time because the culture there with them is they're gonna burn you. I thought it was just a one time load or random bad agent, giving them another chance after a few months... ...always ends up the same.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    jcrack08 and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    And yes they will cancel loads on you. I have a funny story about one of those times too. They're a circus. Just remembering these events makes me wonder what was I ever thinking when I should have known better.

Ruthless and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  7. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Funny stories are always good stories. Let's hear it!

Ruthless Thanks this.
  8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I say it was funny but it happened to me. It would have been funnier if it happened to someone else. The funny part was I thought I really stuck it to them for the "lumper fee fiasco load" but the joke ended up on me. I just couldnt win they got me again. My "driver manager" in our WI office was like WTF are you booking with this bunch again? I'll save the long one on that load for an XPO whine fest another time.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Were you trying to buy a new mobile home? That one always makes my day.

10. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Oh yeah after asking me what I needed that lousy Sunset broker says "what the!?!? are you trying to make the downpayment on a new mobile home in one load!?" Lol

boredsocial and Snailexpress Thank this.
  11. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    ...lol, wait, what?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.