Check my numbers

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Steel Dragon, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    The numbers you need to consider are much more than you have listed.
    One thing, you are now self employed, You will have to cover in full your state and federal tax burden. Most people are surprised when they find that they will be paying the full portion of social security at 15.3 percent.

Might want to visit the OOIDA web site, go to Education and Business tools tab and read the info. Might just find some useful info.

Steel Dragon, Rackpass 85 and SheepDog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Yeah if you finish the 33 month lease you will have the truck.A truck with most likely a million miles on it if you get there with no major problems.The deal with most trucks is before 600,000 miles the repairs are usually nickel and dime stuff 700,000 to million the repairs are more costly and still the nickel and dime repairs.So now you have to decide to keep it and be willing to pay for repairs or sell it for what you can get.Now you can offset the costs if you have the ability to do your own repairs.If you want more freedom it really makes no sense to go in debt for a lease payment you would be better off to find a company that runs how you want to work Lease purchase deals all your doing is buying a job with the hope it will work out.If you thinking as a business not a good business plan you need to minimize risks and one of the best ways to minimize risk is a low operating cost.The old saying is true it takes money to make money.If you worked at a company for those same 33 months and saved %10 in a 401k with a company match %6 at the end you would approximately have $25 to $30,000 and repair your credit in that time you could finance the new truck with with either the same or lower payments your making on the used truck or pay cash for a used truck with the freedom to do or go where you wanted to go.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Retirement is a scam..like the maintenance account,the company holds the funds for you.
    You'll never see your retirement money.
    I've had a 401 for 30 years and it hasn't gone up.
    I now buy previous medals..silver..it will never be worth 0 like stocks.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  5. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Nah, it should have ballpark 675,000, assuming I don't pay it off early. Should be able to pay it off within a year.

Nonsense. I'm not buying a job, I'm buying a truck. And as an added bonus for no extra charge, I get to run my truck where I want and schedule my own time off.

Saving only 30 grand in 3 years is a huge waste of time. I should be able to sell my truck for near that, plus save a whole lot more than 30 grand on top of it. And I already fixed my credit while I was a company driver saving for the down payment on this truck. And if you can show me a dealer (or anyone else, for that matter) who will finance a new truck for 1300 per month, I'm all ears.

6. Rackpass 85

Rackpass 85 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Here's my real numbets for 3rd quarter. Total revenue 55,672 miles driven 28456! Total mainteance and tepair costs 3,100 fuel 11,400 insurance and rest of garbage 2700 true numbers running one truck!

slow.rider and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Obviously no truck payment in those numbers,but what is the truck age and mileage,if I could inquire?
    Thanks

8. Rackpass 85

Jun 12, 2017
    2014 freightliner cascadia no payments 334,678

9. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    mines a 2013 fwiw

10. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Ok I must have read your post wrong,I didn’t see a $1300 truck payment I thought you said $500 a week

11. Rackpass 85

Jun 12, 2017
    I dont have a truck payment mine is paid for!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.