check out this truck

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Tinman, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    I've seen the truck painted up like a Texas flag, it was still sharp. Also saw the mexican guys truck they did with the hydraulics style movement... looked like hammered ###.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Desperado

Desperado <strong>The Bandit</strong>

Feb 16, 2008
    Long Way Home .......
  4. TORQUE WRENCH

TORQUE WRENCH Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2008
    CHANDLER,AZ.
    Back in late 2006 or early 2007 I seen the Harley Davidson themed peterbilt Road Hog......the truck looked great. Owner Dale Lambrecht Jr. told me he was going to start running to PHX. every other week to our D/C......never seen him or Road Hog again.

5. Candy Licker

Candy Licker Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2008
    dequincy,la
    i have a W900L also...why want they be allowed in ca in 09?

6. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...

CARB (California Air Resources Board) requirements. If you seen any of the '07 engines they have DPF's (Diesel Particulate Filters to capture the soot) and pre-'07 need to have the retro-fit at a cost from $11K-$25K depending on your rig. The catch is that even if you go ahead with retro-fit depending on the year of the truck, it can't legally be operated in CA at that point for the window of operation. For example I have a '95 T800 according to the rule, it must taken out of service in '10. I also have a '97 379 and the same rule says it will be out of service in '12. I originally was told that both had to '15 but after reading the information from the Nor-Cal director for the CDTOA it was a 15 year window.

CARB has started to enforce in the L.A. Harbor cracking down on the container truckers. so it won't be long before they go after dumps. We tried to lobby and get an exception granted because through surveys, we found that the average dump truck runs less than 20K miles a year. CARB still hasn't ruled on the exception and from what I hear, we might not get it.

That's another reason why I am leaving dumps. DT O/O's can't justify the purchase of a new rig. The state in effect, is telling us to upgrade with new trucks without adequate compensation for the upgrade . Right now there is no work, the rates have been slashed to less than half of what we could charge last year. How can you buy a new rig and then charge $50 an hour on a $21k or more a month truck payment? The rates for a ten wheeler should be at $90 an hour and for a semi dump at $100 per hour, the contractors won't use anyone charging over the early 90's rates, the cost of fuel and the cost of running a truck notwithstanding. It's a perfect storm and the way I see it, there's going to be a bloodbath in dump trucking in '09 in CA.

7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Also while at the Pete dealer the other day, I was talking to the salesman about this very subject. He said that according to their workshop, CARB was only going to apply the regs to CA trucks. In other words they were going to make someone like me take my rigs off the road and yet, permit out of state rigs run in CA; provided they met national regs because they most likely operate in the state just long enough to drop off a load and/pick up loads and then leave the state. So they (out of state rigs) would qualify for the low operation miles exemption. :biggrin_25521:

There's a lot of confusion with CARB rules and even those who work for CARB aren't all on the same page. :biggrin_2556:

8. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Don't bet on them exempting out of state trucks. They may not enforce it much but they won't exempt them and there will alway be that one jerk who will get ya.
    We got a ticket back in the mid ninties for having exhaust smoke and it was a stock 425 mechanical cat it was a 90 model with under a half million miles on it. Essentially they watched us coming down the on ramp and it smoked between gears so they nabed me and the old man.

9. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

They turn out some killer looking rides don't they

10. kbbingham

kbbingham Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I've been looking for another truck lately on Ebay and Truck Paper. And there's a lot of the "Trick My Truck"s out there for sale. Who really wants to put a truck like that on the road. After they get Tricked, they are pretty much just show trucks. Not good for the everyday trucker. Now the owner has to find another truck cause he doesn't want to put wear and tear on his newly tricked truck. Useless!

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    If I remember right That is the only guys home. His sold his home to repair the truck.

Kinghunter

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.