Check Valve for 1999 FLC112

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by NightHawk365, Apr 17, 2019.

1. NightHawk365

NightHawk365 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2019
    North Idaho
    Howdy guys..... I'm certain this is a dumb question, but please bear with me. This is my first Class 8 truck and and wrenching on air brakes is a new endeavor. I believe what I am pointing to in the picture is a Single Check Valve. I also believe these 2 check valves are connected to the Tractor Protection Valve. This is where my leak is occurring and I need to replace them. Only trouble is, after searching through what seems like a million sites, I can find no check valves that look like this. It's on a 99 Freightliner Century. Any help you could lend would be great..... Thank you

Check Valve.jpg

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Bendix #5003391. Only about $20 anywhere truck parts are sold. Proper name is inline QR (quick release) valve.

NightHawk365 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. NightHawk365

Apr 17, 2019
    North Idaho
    Thank you sir!..... easy as pie when you know the right name for it. Much obliged to you.

5. NightHawk365

Apr 17, 2019
    North Idaho

Question 2.....seems as if there is also a leak at the switch....perhaps a bad manifold or valve? Short video link above
    Thanks again for any help

6. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Bad brake chamber. Have to pinch off air lines to chambers one at a time until leak stops. Make sure truck has at least 100 psi before every pinch attempt.

NightHawk365 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. NightHawk365

Apr 17, 2019
    North Idaho
    Thanks again QT..... gonna owe you a keg by the time this over.... I truly appreciate it.

8. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
  9. NightHawk365

Apr 17, 2019
    North Idaho
    Just wanted to circle back around and say thanks again for the help. Went down to pick the truck up on Saturday, armed with the advice from @QUALITYTRUCK and got it back on the road and home. Since then I have found a leak in one of the lines coming from the governor and a leak at the parking brake valve on the dash. Fixed the governor line, but need to order a new parking brake valve still..... Other than that, a broken city horn, broken cruise control, and a drivers window that doesn't work, it's almost fixed.....lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.