checking out prospects, thinking about maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by gravdigr, Jan 23, 2012.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Yeah I'll talk to a recruiter but it's looking like it isn't going to be a place I'm going to be happy with. I never liked fitting into a mold and my natural reaction is to resist. It starts with jewelry, body art, then they are telling me to shave my goatee, then cargo pants won't be allowed and I'll have to wear a button up shirt. Next thing I know my identity is gone and I'm just another sheep.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'll be suprised.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Naw goatees are ok :) and while a lot of us wear button up shirts a lot of us dont either. Cargo pants also no a problem. Sweats are as are flip flops.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Yeah sweats are for lounging, and flip flops are just dangerous. I can see them hooking on the step as you get out (my gf learned this the hard way). Also wouldn't be fun dropping a piece of steel on an unprotected foot, just a tire thumper could break a toe.

My "uniform" consists of mil spec steel toe combat boots, either camo or olive drab cargo pants, and a black pocket tee. Best I found for comfort and manuverability though in the summer I would go cargo shorts and sleeveless but if I'm doing flatbed I don't think I want shorts, and sleeveless is probably prohibited.

If it's worth it I would make some concessions. For my current company I would tell them to stuff it hehe. Good equipment, good pay and benefits, actual realistic bonuses, decent hometime. Yeah that would be worth it.

I guess my plans on getting hair tattoed on my head will wait till I'm an o/o :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.