Cherokee Freight Lines: Stockton, CA

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by moloko, Jul 21, 2013.

1. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Cherokee Freight Lines is based out of Stockton, CA and hauls primarily food-grade products. They do a lot of hauling for Bronco Winery out of Ceres, CA. If you've ever drank two-buck chuck, chances are the grapes were hauled on the back of a Cherokee Freight Lines trailer.

They haul a lot of tankers--hauling wine. They hire like crazy in the Central Valley during the grape crush. They are a Union company with excellent benefits and fair pay. They like to hire from within. If you do a good job in the grape season, you could find yourself working full-time in a Union position.

Drivers, get at me and post your experiences with this company.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Oh oh, you guys don't have *anything* to say about Cherokee?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I used to drive for a co. that washed out @ Cherokee. Drivers and the wash out crew were arrogant scumsucking cretins.

scottied67 and jet460 Thank this.
  5. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    It's probably because they knew they were well-paid and in a secure position, and that's why they were arrogant.

6. Terrible Driver

Terrible Driver Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2012
    I was on the freight side.

7. Terrible Driver

Dec 1, 2012
    I wouldn't say the pay was great... $13.50 per hour (driving) with no overtime and all that senseless factor pay which was only beneficial under great circumstances. Grapes paid great, between the $14.50/hr and working 96+ hours a week... it added up. Safe to say I left for a better paying job that doesn't require layovers and is more local.

8. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Is that where you're driving now Moloko? Do they have a terminal around LA?

9. Terrible Driver

Dec 1, 2012
    They have terminals in Madera, Stockton, and a dirt lot in Ceres

10. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I was actually working at bronco wine company in ceres for a minute. Drop and hook and process double trailers of grapes all day.. so as a Cherokee employee we had a contract with the winery. Grape drivers pulled in hella bank , like 1200 a week net pay :) I was told I have a permanent slot wairing for me before next grape crush starts. Anyw as ys I don't think cherokee has a dirt lot in ceres but they do 99 percent of the loads on site at Bronco and their lot is dirt and is really huge.

11. Terrible_Driver

Terrible_Driver Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Yeah, those grapes do pay bank. My best week was $1400 net, wish the freight paid that. . . -_-

Crows Landing and Glenn behind Tiger Lines is where I use to park the truck during freight, allot of tankers and van guys parked there. During the 2012 crush it use to be Keyes and Faith Home.

If you're put on vans tell Jose I said hi ^_^

moloko Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.