Cherokee Freight Lines: Stockton, CA

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by moloko, Jul 21, 2013.

1. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Well driver thats a very common name in this line of work, in this particular location... know what I mean :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terrible_Driver

Terrible_Driver Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    When I was there, Jose was the dispatcher for freight. Judging from the pic I assume you're with Cherokee now? Tank or van?

4. bchoi23

bchoi23 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2014
    when does grape season start anyways? i live like three minutes from their yard

5. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Okay, grapes start 7 July and we are actively recruiting grape haulers right now. So far, this has been a great place to work. The differences between the Madera terminal and Stockton are like night and day. I have worked out of both terminals ... Stockton has some really nice people. Madera will eat the inexperienced alive :D. Haha that's no joke , Madera is a rough bunch but I have a lot of respect for their dispatchers. The two guys down there do the job of six individuals by themselves.

im currently on the Freight side but will be hauling grapes and then will transition into tankers. But if you get in with the freight side your typical day might be 4 loads from Livermore to Stockton, or 2 loads from napa to Ceres... Madera guys run to LA frequently. It's a great work environment if you can prove yourself :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.