Chicago Secure Logistics ( Closed thread)

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Venom5500, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Venom5500

Venom5500 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2020
    A friend of mine this past weekend saw a car for sale on Facebook Marketplace for cheap. My friend sent the woman selling the vehicle an email asking her about the car she sent him pics of the car saying she got the car in divorce settlement with her ex-husband is looking for a quick sell. She even sent a car fax report which said the car has been to Wisconsin before. My friend found out that car is at a warehouse in Manteno, Illinois my friend wanted to check out the car. The escrow company has restrictions on people visiting the facility for safety reasons. My friend tried to verify that facility exists and what they deal in transporting vehicles. He called them and no one answered which is fishy cause according to their website they are open from 9 am to 9 PM Chicago time. They sent him a generic prefabricated email. So my friend started searching on the internet about vehicle escrow scams and a lot of what he was dealing with fits the profile. He decided to not go through with it. We did an address search of Chicago Secure Logistics on Google maps the address is in a residential area. Has anyone heard of Chicago Secure Logistics and it is a logit company?

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Best bet is to call the local PD in that area and see if there is any complaints on them.

Venom5500 Thanks this.
  4. Delma123v

Delma123v Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Dallas
    Hi just wondering if you found out if Chicago secure logistics was a legit company

5. HashTagSwift

HashTagSwift Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Same thing happened to me, tried buying a car from Autotrader sent a email out, they came back to me a day later telling me she got the car from a divorce settlement, and that she was a air flight attendant and couldn’t meet me in person. So she told me she would send my information to them and I can talk to them there. Digged a little deeper into “Colorado secure logistics” and it seems to no show up on google. So I went back to the email to check if there was a phone number or an email to see if I can get in touch with the company and no luck, just a long ending beep on the other side. Looked up the address and it was a coffee shop.

6. Diane Nulty

Diane Nulty Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2020
    I fell into this scam, but it was Colorado Secure Logistics. I think these scammers are in Chicago now . I’m sure the car doesn’t exist, or it exists somewhere else. Filed a police report.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.