Child Support?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by I.C. Weiner, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    Just a few things about life here in missouri.they can't take your cdl license for child support,and it used to be a law that if you were denied visitation you didn't have to pay support but it's been a few years since things could change.l agree you should get a good lawyer.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Whatever you do, keep current. If she decides to press for accumulated back support, you can say goodbye to future tax refund. Do whatever you can to keep your tax withholding as little as possible to keep potential refunds (that would be directed to her) as small as possible, just in case.

But you need to do what is right as long as visitation is upheld.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Best reason ever to go lease opp.
    Make extra truck payments reducing your income.
    Spend wildly.#### her.:biggrin_25525:

5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Child support and wages are monitored at specific intervals and refigured according to BOTH parties incomes and dependents.
    I understand your animosity towards your ex for seemingly spending money on herself, and that may well be the case, I'VE BEEN THERE MYSELF!!!
    The important thing to remember is the CHILD being properly cared for, clothed, fed, educated, and seen by medical professionals as needed?

If this is true, then you have to find a happy place within yourself and let it be.
    Child support doesn't mean that those exact dollars go directly to and ONLY to that child.
    They pay utilities, housing, etc.
    It's not easy being in our position.
    I've lived it. I KNOW.

Think of the child and try to keep your animosity towards the ex on the DL

6. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Omg! Not all women are like that! Give me a break...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Like it was said before, get a good lawyer because she cannot deny visitation.

You might want to even take her to court on that

I.C. Weiner Thanks this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I know some of this I am saying has already been said here before but these points I think you should feel are important. I say this because I have been and am where you are. First, you have no control over what she spends child support on. Second, by law she cannot withhold visitation over any support issue. All courts consider them two separate issues. Finally and I cannot stress this enough, GET A LAWYER. I have been to court with and without a lawyer. It is night and day difference. Remember most judges are lawyers. In fact, where I am at the judges in child support court are lawyers doing pro bono work for the court.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    She didn't come after you for child support,the state did.........If she is drawing state/fed benefits then they are trying to recoup whatever they can. It suck balls and from what I gather from several friends in Illinois dealing with similar situations,the state is pretty ruthless...............My foster daughter fought tooth and nail for years trying to get her baby daddy to pay a fair amount of support,and when the courts finally discovered that 6 years later he in fact no longer was a cashier @ 7-11 but raking in mad cash in the oilfield they went after him and got SEVERAL thousand(more than 20) in back child support. Get a lawyer and get an agreement on visitation.

sevenmph and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dude, I will tell you this. Asking your company the reason of your wanting to limit your income involves them and if they are asked, which the courts do often, they have to disclose that fact.

I know this first hand when a driver tried it with it my company when he was going through his divorce. I warned him I will not lie and if I catch anyone who works for me in the office that they lied, they are gone and so he will be. The court in Arkansas sent me a three page questionaire and I put down exactly what was what, with a full disclosure of his income and so on. He wasn't happy at the time but understood why I would not lie for him.

Paddlewagon and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Children. He has two. And she has another on the way. Early twenties. Section 8 home. By the time she’s 30, she will have 5 kids from 6 different guys. There’s almost NO CHANCE that any of these kids will live a productive life.

starmac, sealevel, Bakerman and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.