Chinatown

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Olderskool cdl, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, it's not like the old days. Even 2nd chance companies won't hire someone that bought a cdl at the DMV.
    Western Express will, but still have to ride with a trainer for a period of time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Olderskool cdl

Olderskool cdl Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Tried both, Foster out right said they weren't hiring, but funny thing is they had an ad back on Craigslist the same day for drivers hiring. Havlor said not without 6 months to a year recent experience. It's their loss, thanks for the help,it is appreciated

4. Olderskool cdl

Jun 4, 2020
    Very true, I started very young driving big equipment,but seems it isn't worth a toilet squat. But they will hire kids,whose biggest problem was figuring out where the key went.lol. I will keep looking and trying all the companies close by and the ones Chinatown posts up as I am not a quitter,neover got anywhere by say I can't do it.

201 and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    you have tons of experience driving, hopefully no accidents. you should have no problem findiing work, and it is picking back up.

6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I had the same issue with a fresh school cert. Found a company that has a state-funded training program.

Maybe try ag places, here's a link to harvesting ads, you'd likely need to travel but some of them need drivers bad enough they help them get a CDL, so you'd be a leg up on that...
    Classified Ads | U.S. Custom Harvesters, Inc.

7. Olderskool cdl

Jun 4, 2020
    Thanks for the reply, seems like all the experience and a nickel is still worth 3 cents.lol. As for accidents, since I've been driving, only thing I have hit was a couple of deer, and they jaywalked. True in due time, everyone has one or two,but for me,I have found out going as fast as I can stop works for me.Older age has me being more safe and not overdriving my ability. Even if it makes me a little late by an hour or two, the equipment and load is safe and I didn't hurt or maim anyone,and get to go home at the end of the route the same way I started is what works for me. The US has too many roads for me to go tearing up and down at breakneck speeds,and it won't prove a thing to crash at any time. But to you sir, thanks for the reply and stay safe.

Wargames Thanks this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I think milk haulers hire just about anyone( no offense to milk haulers, there just aren't a lot of people that will do that today) Doesn't pay a heck of a lot, but farmers are some of the greatest people to pick up from. AND, you might find some farmers daughter waiting for you in the milkhouse. Don't laugh, that happened to me once,,,

Olderskool cdl Thanks this.
  9. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Call Tim Provost (recruiting) at Van Wyk, Inc. They’re out of Sheldon, IA, and they’re self insured, can make their own decisions. When I was there I routinely went to your area up in WI.

Olderskool cdl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.