Choosing between different schools [Need opinions].

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Orian sport, Dec 14, 2017.

1. 6rider

6rider Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Ontario
    Isn’t Hyndman part of Celadon, the big US carrier?! Bankruptcy seems unlikely...

Phenomenal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Celadon is bankrupt, and facing all kinds of fraud, tax evasion and embezzlement investigations. Just google it, and enjoy the lite reading for the next 3 days lol.

That being said, I will still go with them over Bison or TransX. In chatting with that other guy on here about Challenger, I would prob give them a shout also.

Phenomenal Thanks this.
  4. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Challenger and Schneider actively recruit at my school. Hyndman was VERY interested when I called them about opportunities after graduation. Fingers crossed I get a good offer from a decent company. I plan on schmoozing ERB too ! LOL

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Its the right time to get into trucking, thats forsure. ERB is simply the best in Canada IMHO. But If I was in Ontario, I would be happy with Challenger/Schneider/Hyndman for the first 2 years. Challenger and Schneider you can transfer between divisions (Deck,Van,Reefer,Intermodal,City) without re-applying. Sometimes that is worth it by itself, and lets you stick with one company doing multiple jobs. I also recently found out that Challenger does not slip seat, (Hyndman doesn't either, not sure on Schneider) THAT IS LITERALLY THE BIGGEST THING!!!! No joke, I can handle anything in trucking, but I can't handle people messing with/wrecking/making a mess in my truck; that has all my stuff in it.

That was one of my reasons for starting at Bison out west here, the promise of LCV/City work, but then I realized it would take 10 years to switch, and they were baiting everyone with those promises. They also said they didn't slip seat assigned units, then they did and told us all "tough ####" lol.

Phenomenal Thanks this.
  6. Garththomas

Garththomas Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2017
    If you were interested in flatbed Contrans is a good company and you will make better money

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.