Choosing company to work for

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Rockwall, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rockwall

Rockwall Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Rockwall, Tx
    My husband will be graduating soon and we have narrowed our search down to McElroy and Maverick. Any input on which is a better company to start with??? Looks like they both start at good miles and offer weekend hometime.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    There is more to a company than just miles and home time, although those are important too. Do a search of each company.....I'm sure you will know which is the better one for him/you after some reading. :yes2557:

4. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    A trucking company is just like a wife. You need to find one that you can put up with and one that can put up with you.
    I would say maverick. But then again I'm a bit prejudiced. I do work for them I think they're the best to work for that's why I'm there.

5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Go to a truck stop near you and personally talk to the drivers from both companies.

6. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Just remember take everything with a grain of salt. It's hard just to find five truck drivers that can agree on the price of a free cup of coffee. Like my dad used to say show me the finest looking woman that you can find and I'll find you five guys that are all ready had enough for her shenanigans and told her to get lost.

7. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Maverick has newer and better maintained equipment and offers variety if he decided to try reefers or heavy haul or glass or whatever. There is also opportunity for advancement to the office if he wishes. Ive been with Maverick for over 8yrs and have no plans of going elsewhere. Maverick feels like family! Work hard and they will treat you well slack off and they will eventually send you home. Maverick also hauls more steel where Mcelroy is primairly lumber and drywall. However all that being said it really depends where you live and what suits you best. Some companies fit for some while others fit better elsewhere. Its all about preference,what you want versus what they can provide.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.