Chrome Shop Mafia

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Skunk_Truck_2590, Feb 17, 2007.

1. mike4104tx

mike4104tx Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, Texas

It's hard to know where someone is coming from... :biggrin_25511: when you write in a forum.

I don't care for the goat-smelling maniacs either. What they are doing is much more important than my family's lives.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snorelord

snorelord Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Springfield, Missouri
    Whether a fan or not they are bringing a "let's help the american trucker who works hard for a living" to TV. And while some things aren't practical for everyday use some things are. The one they did for the driver who's little son was killed was a great episode and a great truck.

The fith wheel covers are done as a momento to the truck and I know aren't for practical use. The do the mech work as well. The Chrome Shop Mafia IE Four State Trucks aren't in the new season coming up. The Pickett brothers have let as well. The Painter Ryno is coming back and The interior guy Rob is coming back. They have new Fabricators and I heard that they may have opened shop in Springfield, MO.

4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    four states (CSM) didn't own the shop where they did the filming, that one is outside of town. The pickets wanted to get back to building good trucks not the fluff the tv producers told them to build.

The new guys I don't know but the story is they are not even in the same class as the Picketts. I'v heard lots of bad things about the new guy but I'm not about to spread rumors I know nothing about.

Just a note, the REALLY nice trucks you see in the begining of the show that they ride up in..... Those are the real trucks 4 states builds

5. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    didnt know that...

yeah those trucks they ride up in look far nicer than anything that they did for TV, i like it to look simple yet complex

6. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    do an internet search for Pickett 359. That will show ya a real Pickett truck. I love that truck other than the 379 headlights

7. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    that is a cool truck, i like it, not to fancy but alot of subtle touchs
    it doesnt look like a 77 thats for sure:biggrin_25520:it could be a 2008 and i wouldnt argue

im not pete expert but whats the difference between 359 and 379? they look very similar(to the untrained eye)

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    they stoped building the 359 in 1987. the hood is alot straighter. You can get a short hood 359 and the hood is flat. the short hood on a 379 is sloped. The air cleaners on a 359 have that elbow that goes forward and into the engine compartment throough the hood which I love. The 379 goes in behind the aircleaner, it actually goes in behind the dash and then into th engine compartment. The cab and hood of a 359 is 6 inches narrower than a 379. I can reach the passenger side door by barely leaning over. And the 359 has that cool "corvette" style dash. and I like the interior better

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I would let them paint my truck in a 007 themed look. And they can add a nice big flat panel TV for me.

Other wise that is all the tricking out I need or want!

10. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    less is more... even the show trucks show that these days. I hate all that bolt on junk.

11. Sandlapper

Sandlapper Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Simpsonville, SC
    I agree, the 359's and 379's are beautiful already. A nice monochromatic paint job, square bumper, aftermarket headlights and some big fat stacks is about all the customization I would do on a Pete Flattop. They pretty much already look the way a truck should. Im just waiting until my business is big enough to where I dont drive 120k miles a year, then Im gonna get me a 379 to play with. cant wait I wanted one soo bad but the practical side of me said no not yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.