Cig lighter in little white freightliner

Discussion in 'Millis' started by jameson bearden, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jameson bearden

jameson bearden Light Load Member

May 19, 2011
    Dalton, Ga
    Has anyone else had any problems w/ the cigarette lighter/12v outlet in the front on the white freightliners? My phone charger will work in it but my XM radio won't. XM will work plugged into the one in the sleeper though..I really don't want to take it to the shop monday for something simple

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Plugs and receptacles go bad, the receptacle is replaceable, but you either have to use a will fit(might have to anyway) and make that work, or go to FL with your VIN and get the right one if available.

I haven't seen a White Freightliner since about 10 years after that merger quit, but in the 70s, most of the Freightliners I saw were White Freightliners. I'm driving a 'white' Freightliner at my present job.

4. jameson bearden

May 19, 2011
    Dalton, Ga
    lol that description is exclusive to Millis as all of our trucks are burgundy except some our regional columbia freightliners. We had a contract w/ Anheuser-Busch and they wanted white trucks

But in response...the outlet isn't bad because my phone charger works in it. It's just the XM that won't work in it...but it works in the sleeper outlet so the XM plug isn't bad either.

5. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    that makes no sense. if the phone works then the socket is good. Maybe the contacts on your plug for the xm radio are bad. you should see if someone would let you try their cord. or get one of those splitters and see if it works in that.

6. jameson bearden

May 19, 2011
    Dalton, Ga
    i got one of the splitters and it works now..the xm plug wouldn't go in far enough to ground in the outlet

7. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    ahhh there ya go. glad you got it figured out.

8. Darnell123

Darnell123 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Hello i drive a 2006 freightliner and my front lighter stop working it has two prongs

9. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Way to resurrect a 5 year old thread. MILLIS doesn't even own these trucks anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.