CIG Logistics Texas Oil Fields

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by $3 Chauffeurs License, Jun 8, 2019.

1. $3 Chauffeurs License

$3 Chauffeurs License Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I just go home after 2 weeks in the West Texas Oil Fields
    I was hired by CIG Logistics to haul frac sand. They use a tank trailer that gravity unloads in 10 mins,
    CIG recruiter told me that the pay was $1200/wk (six days 12hr days) plus $35 or more for each load I hauled plus free man camp housing that included all meals. I as other recent hired drivers were told we would get 4 or more loads per day.
    Well it did not happen as told,,I was only getting between 1-2 loads a day, They did not lie about the 10mins to unload but failed to mentioned the average wait time to unload at the oil well fac sites was 1-2 hours or more. After unloading it averaged about 2hrs wait for the next load to be dispatched.
    Earning were about 25% or more less than promised.
    The man camp rooms were 8x10ft and shared a toilet and shower with the room next door,,
    The food at the JAL,NM camp i was at was horrible and the only other place to eat in town was a Pilot Truck Stop that had prices about 30% higher than other Pilots.
    The only good thing was all the trucks and trailer were less than a year old but they were falling apart driving on the lease roads, Trucks had auto shift transmissions so they can hire drivers who can't shift a manual trans,,The company terminal had fuel and DEF but did not have any way to wash or clean windshields, was told go to a truck stop use their stuff to clean windshields,
    They have a large driver turn over rate, the paid time off after working 3 weeks $1200 but when on PTO drivers must leave the man camp, If a driver does not return after earning and taking PTO they will not pay the earned PTO
    No a good experience,, not a good company if a driver wants to earn any good money
    drivers average about $20 for ALL HOURS no overtime pay..
    A base pay and newer trucks were the only advantage over other trucking operations in the oil fields but the too low for the hours, there are too many trucks hauling frac sand and not enough work to keep them all working steady
    Good place for a rookie for a while, but the heavy congested roads and very dangerous other drivers as with bad roads will make it hard for a rookie to drive safe.
    Don't go to CIG or other oil field driver jobs if you want to make real good money.
    I do have to say the people company and drivers were very good,,not attitudes , no camera in truck

speedyk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texasgordo

Texasgordo Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Gonzales, Texas
    They had a yard here where I live and always looked like they were busy. That only lasted a few months until they lost their contract. Here lately it looks like they were moving out of here.

4. $3 Chauffeurs License

Jun 8, 2019
    they moved out of gonzales....no work there

Texasgordo Thanks this.
  5. brank

brank Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Earth
    Tons of bad reviews about these guys on Indeed and Glassdoor. Maybe you just didn't do your homework like you should have. Thanks for sharing.

6. $3 Chauffeurs License

Jun 8, 2019
    the bad reviews are all about the changes in pay,, they used to pay $85K salary then changed to $62K and load pay..recruiter told me drivers get 4-5 loads a day,,that is $140 to $175 per day added to weekly $1200/wk salary,,reality was about 1 1/2 loads a day average,,,,,,
    Been at this "rodeo" for many years and after 2 weeks I walked as have other drivers,,,

I retired 6yrs ago after 40yrs .....my last 28 was as a motor carrier doing heavy haul.....90,000 miles a year and making $100 to $150k profit and salary and a new extended hood pete every 4-5yrs....I knew going back to work as a company driver I'd never match what I made on my own..
    Today i would never consider buying a truck again,,,the rates are too low,,too many foreigner drivers and driver pay has been pretty much flat for year, Heck back in 87-90 i had drivers working for me making 28/cnts per mile,,
    I just wanted to come out of retirement for 6-9months andsock away some money to build a cabin on my property
    this is no crap back in 07 my truck made $62K in 4 weeks for 6500 loaded miles and 5500 empty. i cleared $42K that month after all expenses including $5600 that month for truck & trailer pmt, fuel,permits and insurance,,,and my loads were never over 82,000lbs and 12 wide.
    those days are gone too many drivers and truck owners will work for almost nothing and half of all freight is double brokered...I miss the days of 2 sticks, no a/c and no interstates,,but the money was a lot better

BTW to get my commercial license I paid $3 and no road test or written test

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    ibcalm19 and speedyk Thank this.
  7. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    Fixed that. There’s good paying driving jobs in the oilfield, idk about Texas o_Obut they’re out there.

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    What you described is 90 percent of oilfield
    Trucking jobs.

9. $3 Chauffeurs License

Jun 8, 2019
    long hours, poor living conditions and dangerous,,,but for some one that as only a couple years driving a good opportunity to add experience and make better than average money compared to most local jobs,
    the secret to making money as a company driver and O/O is to haul specialized freight, some hazmat work and not haul what the big companies that hire rookies and haul general freight.
    I have friend that is 50, 20yrs exp,,he hauls propane bottles from an Amerigas bottling plant and only delivers to their distribution centers,, get 70hrs every week and the pay is $25/hr with over time and sleep in the bunk pay,,
    his pay check is always over $2k/wk but he is getting burned out running mostly southern california.
    Private carriers , companies that haul their own products are the best to work for as a company driver,general freight hauling for anyone or many different companies are the worst.

When you go to work for a company that tells you a great story it like meeting a woman,,got to try it out and when you learn they are not very good you got to move on and try and other sometimes you will hit a home run

speedyk Thanks this.
  10. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Trucking company lied?

I'll alert the media

Lepton1, RockinChair and Texasgordo Thank this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Thanks for the timely thread, I was just talking with them. Those trailers look pretty space-age in the ads.

Texasgordo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.